Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Shopify Website

mindsetmamas
Just visiting

Hi! I'm looking for some guidance on the best way to handle:

We currently have a career coaching business set up through mindsetmamas.com, however, we recently just launched a brand new shopify website (getthejobshop.com) to also sell digital products (ie. resume templates, cover letter and LinkedIn profile templates).  We are working on moving the coaching sales page from Mindsetmamas.com over to this new website as well along with relevant blog posts, which means that the mindsetmamas.com website is going to eventually go away.  I'm really unsure as to how to proceed with Pinterest and would love some guidance.  

Currently, we are using Pinterest as pinterest.com/mindsetmamas but I would really like to start using our new site.  Please help! @PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @mindsetmamas! Welcome to the PBC! Are you looking to redirect links of the existing pins from mindsetmamas.com to your new site getthejobshop.com, or basically starting fresh using getthejobshop.com? You can certainly change your username in the settings tab, and claim getthejobshop.com. However, you will have to unclaim mindsetmamas.com first.

1 Kudo
mindsetmamas
Just visiting

@michaelbliss Thank you for your response!  Yes, we are going to need to redirect links of existing pins from Mindsetmamas.com to the new site getthejobshop.com.  Do I need to wait until after this is done before I unclaim mindsetmamas.com, and claim getthejobshop.com on Pinterest?  

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Congrats on your new Shopify website. Pinterest only allows one website per business account. You have no other choice but to open a new business account for getthejobshop.com. Ecommerce businesses typically performs better than service based business like coaches so focus on all your efforts on your new site. If you're moving any old blogs from your old website to your new website update the content and focus on two things moving forward: Idea Pins and Promoted Pins. 

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@mindsetmamas  My experience is the spam filter is pretty sensitive to redirects from one domain to another. In this case it looks like mindsetmamas.com DNS/hosting is provided by Cloudflare and getthejobshop.com is hosted at myshopify, which means you probably will experience some issues if you redirect now, take a look at a number of threads with redirect problems, it may not be worth the extra work and hassle.

I would go ahead and unclaim mindsetmamas.com at this point if you are planning on renaming your profile, but I would agree with @pinterestmarketingexpert about considering a new profile, in the long run you may be happier to move forward that way. I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mindsetmamas Congrats on your new Shopify website! we invite you to join our live Shopify Q&A event next week to learn more. You can check out the full details and RSVP here

0 Kudos