cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major drop in new pin impressions, but older pins are still performing well

haley_post
Just visiting

Hi all,

My name is Haley and my account is @haley_post on Pinterest (I'm a small food blogger and photographer). For the past few months, any new pins I've created have gotten close to zero impressions (except for my new story pins, which have been doing much better than regular pins but still not great). However, older pins I created over a year ago are still performing well. 

I've attached a screen shot of one of my pins from a couple weeks ago. 

I messaged Pinterest a couple months ago, and they responded with the same canned email a lot of us have received--the message about creating seasonal content, fresh pins, etc. I've been following their advice but still haven't seen a change. 

Is anyone experiencing something similar, or do you have any suggestions / anything that worked for you to resolve this? 

Thank you so much,

Haley

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

Hey Haley,

I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

First let me say your work in beautiful and it definitely deserves attention on Pinterest. 

EVERYBODY'S Standard Pins are simply not getting much engagement because Pinterest wants you to invest in ads:) Gone are the days of organic growth UNLESS it's a Video Pin. At least with a Video Pin you have a chance of getting an outbound link. 

Only do Idea Pins every other day or every 2nd day because not all your followers use Pinterest daily. Focus MORE on Video Pins than Idea Pins and see if that helps. 

Bottom line, what won't cost you time will cost you money so invest in ads. It's as simple as that. Hope that helps for now. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

Hey Haley,

I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

First let me say your work in beautiful and it definitely deserves attention on Pinterest. 

EVERYBODY'S Standard Pins are simply not getting much engagement because Pinterest wants you to invest in ads:) Gone are the days of organic growth UNLESS it's a Video Pin. At least with a Video Pin you have a chance of getting an outbound link. 

Only do Idea Pins every other day or every 2nd day because not all your followers use Pinterest daily. Focus MORE on Video Pins than Idea Pins and see if that helps. 

Bottom line, what won't cost you time will cost you money so invest in ads. It's as simple as that. Hope that helps for now. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
haley_post
Just visiting

@pinterestmarketingexpert thank you so much for your response and your advice! I really appreciate your honesty.

Although the changes to Pinterest in the past few months ago have been super frustrating, it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone with the low engagement.

I will take your advice and definitely focus more on video pins than idea pins--and will start investing in ads, as well. 

Thank you again so much for all your help! 🙂

Haley

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

It's my pleasure. Good luck with all. Thanks

1 Kudo