Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can we use affiliate links on product tags for idea pins we submit for creator rewards?

takeitfromnicole
Just visiting

The guidelines say no sponsored content but it's unclear if we can use affiliate link product tags. Thanks!

2 Kudos
5 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @takeitfromnicole 

Welcome to PBC. Here's how to use affiliate links for Idea Pins https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/tag-products-in-your-idea-pins

Please 'accept as solution' if  this answers your question.

Thank you. 

1 Kudo
takeitfromnicole
Just visiting

No, I know how to use them. I want to know if we are permitted to do so and have the idea pin accepted towards our Creator Rewards goals.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@takeitfromnicole  It depends if affiliate links are considered to be promoted content. Hopefully we will have clarification soon.

0 Kudos
findyourdazzle
Just visiting

I've been wondering the same thing!

0 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi @takeitfromnicole 

Some months ago, there were goals requesting you to tag products (even with affiliate links) so it used to work before. 

This month, a client of mine submitted a pin with affiliate links without knowing this rule, and it got approved. I don't know if it's ok or if this one was an exception. 

I think we should contact the Help Center and see what they say. Maybe someone has already contacted them? I'll do it today and update this post with the response I receive. 

0 Kudos