Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Since I sell Original Artwork, I can never become a Verified Merchant?

ArtisticRomantic
Just visiting

Hello, I have been trying to become a verified merchant for over a year. The problem seems to be that I am an artist selling original pieces.  I keep getting rejected because items in my shop show as being out of stock. This is because there is only ever one unique piece of artwork available for sale.  The out of stock items are on my site to show my customers what I can do.  I take custom orders and the out of stock items serve as inspiration for them as well as a portfolio of my work.  It seems odd that Pinterest would literally penalize artists who sell original work and prevent them from becoming verified. I have tried to appeal many times, but the account services employees do not seem to understand my problem, or I never get a response. I have attached a screen shot of my latest appeal. Has anyone else had or solved this problem? Thank you,
Angela Wisler

0 Kudos
2 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @ArtisticRomantic ,

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, Angela.
In my understanding, to become a verified merchant on Pinterest, there are certain things such as the quantities in stock and policies that must be fulfilled.
Therefore, I'm not sure they would be able to bypass the system at the moment.

Hopefully this is something that they look at from a different perspective soon.

0 Kudos
ArtisticRomantic
Just visiting

A follow-up to my original post.  A pinterest representative contacted me by phone this week and set up an appointment with a partner manager.  They wanted to know why I stopped using pinterest for my business.  I have had nothing but headaches and canned responses in the past trying to become a verified merchant, so I gave up using pinterest.  The partner manager and I had an online meeting and I explained the difficulty that I keep getting denied because my work is one of a kind and shows as sold out.  He assured me that he will work on getting me verified. He told me that pinterest is going over their issues with the program and trying to help people.  I hope a fix is in my future.  I will post again with any results.  

0 Kudos