Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Shopify and Image Selection

yogasanamats
Just visiting

In my Shop tab, I would like the first image to appear (the front of the product) and not one of the other images -- but it appears that Pinterest is pulling in random images (sometimes the 2nd, 3rd or last)? How do I direct it so it pulls in the first product image?

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestSusana

Hi @yogasanamats and welcome to the PBC!

For products with multiple supporting images (such as side-views, back-views, closeup images, etc.) Pinterest will create a Pin on your Pinterest store tab (https://www.pinterest.com/yogasanamats/_shop/) selecting the 1 (one) image we predict will be best-performing among all supporting images. This prediction is based on Pinterest algorithms and user data.

We've heard your feedback that we don't always automatically chose the best display image for your products! We're working on functionality to make the main images shown on Pinterest merchant-selectable. 

In addition to this, we are working on improvements to be able to show all your supporting product images at once in a single Pin.

Let me know if you need anything else!

View solution in original post

8 Kudos
40 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @yogasanamats and welcome to the PBC!

For products with multiple supporting images (such as side-views, back-views, closeup images, etc.) Pinterest will create a Pin on your Pinterest store tab (https://www.pinterest.com/yogasanamats/_shop/) selecting the 1 (one) image we predict will be best-performing among all supporting images. This prediction is based on Pinterest algorithms and user data.

We've heard your feedback that we don't always automatically chose the best display image for your products! We're working on functionality to make the main images shown on Pinterest merchant-selectable. 

In addition to this, we are working on improvements to be able to show all your supporting product images at once in a single Pin.

Let me know if you need anything else!

8 Kudos
yogasanamats
Just visiting

Thanks @PinterestSusana this provided a lot of clarity.

1 Kudo
adornandrise

Hi

thanks for this! I was having the same issue, glad it's just not me. Most times the images selected are not really the most valid ones so it's a clear gamble from Pinterest side to try and guess this. Much better than doing feeds manually 😄 but still this is a thing we shouldn't just completely lose control of since images are THE most important thing on Pinterest.

Is there any ETA on this customisation being available? or what's the best place to check for when it's available?

Thank you

7 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @adornandrise and welcome!

Unfortunately, we do not have any estimated release but you can keep an eye on our Newsroom where we post our platform updates.

0 Kudos
sixandsutton

I have the same issue and the Pinterest predicting 'best' image does not work!  For example, with many products the best image is the bottom of a shoe, the label of a dress or a close-up of something where you can't even identify what the product should be! 

This VERY frustrating as the original post was in April, it is now August 1st and no progress or update on a resolution.  

12 Kudos
Hoobynoo

I am having the same issue, I want to set up Pinterest ads but a lot of my shopfeed is displaying the wrong images

7 Kudos
MagnoliaLaneSC

Experiencing the same issues.  It’s pulling in photos that aren’t marketable.  It looks unprofessional and is a great concern for our brand . Would love to go see a fix to use first image which is what store owners have already set as the main one to best represent the product at a glance 

10 Kudos
flessies

I've had the same problem, so I decided to delete the automatically created product pins because I thought I would be able to add them manually. I've not found a way to do this with Shopify. The Pinterest Shopify app still says that the product pins have been released, while they are nowhere to be found on Pinterest. Reconnecting Shopify and Pinterest doesn't work either.

I've already been waiting for support to reply for almost a MONTH. PLEASE get your .... together Pinterest, and make a proper Shopify app in the first place.

I'm not using Pinterest ads until this has been fixed, since the campaign that I ran so far was basically for nothing.

4 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PinterestSusana!

Would you happen to have an update on this? I have an e-comm client that has asked me about this same thing recently and I just told them that Pinterest is working on it. 

Looks like this is a hot topic for other business owners, so hoping it gets updated soon!  Generally the first image is the primary product image, but it would be nice to have a carousel to showcase additional product angles, features, etc. 

Thanks!

5 Kudos