Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Reporting Metrics

PowerAndPixieDust
Just visiting

Can anybody explain the data in the reports Pinterest sends out each month to us? It shows total amount of sales driven with a dollar amount, which, I think, is supposed to be sales on our claimed site(s) that came from Pinterest, or maybe sales from affiliate links, but they aren’t actual sales. For example: One report may show I drove $600 but I have not made sales in the amount on my site, nor have I made that much in commission from any affiliate links.

1 Kudo
4 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PowerAndPixieDust 

I read your post and I am tagging some other Pioneers that I have no doubt can provide an explanation to your questions.

@pinterestmarketingexpert @andrealidesigns I thought either of you would have more information to share?

I hope this helps you Jennifer.

Lisa

0 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PowerAndPixieDust 

I'm not familiar with the revenue reports that Pinterest sends you directly. Maybe you're referring to your Ads reporting? If it is, then keep in mind that attribution windows will always skew your numbers a little.

I recommend looking at the numbers that come from Pinterest Analytics, Google Universal, and GA4. There will always be slight discrepancies between the reported numbers, but data is more useful when looking for trends and patterns rather than exact numbers. 

You may consider setting up events with Gooogle Tag Manager to keep track of your conversions.

Here is a YouTube video walkthrough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S38D-JW6nU

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

Learn how to set up Google Ads Conversion Tracking. We have 4 different ways to track Google Ads conversions using your Google Ads account, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 4 (GA4), and Universal Google Analytics (UA). You can track any order confirmation page or lead confirmation page on your
1 Kudo
PowerAndPixieDust
Just visiting

Thank you!

1 Kudo
PowerAndPixieDust
Just visiting

Thank you!

I think you’re right. I think they are attribution numbers, not based on the final action, but what was driven. I do have event tags set up, but there is one that keeps showing an error and I can’t figure it out. 

I’ll check out the video to see if that helps.

Thank you, I really appreciate it 😊

1 Kudo