Search
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's just not the same without you
Join the Pinterest Business Community to find out what other users are discussing and creating.

Pinterest Verified Merchant Rejection

harvestshoppers
Just visiting

Hello 

We have been approved as verified merchant for almost 2 years. But we got denied about a week ago and now we are not verified merchant anymore. We think this was a mistake and could you please help us to approve our data source.

The reason is Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements. We changed nothing on our website so why we are not eligiable for the verified merchant? We hope someone from Pinterest support can help us. 

Thank you.

@bodymindmood 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@harvestshoppers 

Hi:

Thanks for your website information.

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants to read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I had a look at your site, I didn't see anything obviously wrong there were a couple of things that could potentially be called into question insofar as meeting the guidelines is concerned.

However, the two most obvious issues that I could see were dealing with your location and email - you have not listed your location anywhere on your site. A good idea when working with a large platform such as Pinterest is to be as transparent as possible you have no contact number or address for any customer inquiries. It's important for potential customers to have the option to make an informed purchase - who they are purchasing from and where that person is located.

Your email address while it is a .com is not consistent with your site name, it's very similar to a Gmail address in that it is very vague. I have seen in the past, that Pinterest prefers a matching email address to the domain name.

If you fix these issues I would wait for 24hrs before filing an appeal, if after 24hrs the issue hasn't resolved itself then I would go ahead and file a ticket with Pinterest Support and have them review your account. Remember you have 30 days to fix an issue after you have been notified.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

Please Follow Me | Like | Love | Share On Pinterest Thanks!!❤️ -- Lisa
If my answer helped resolve your issue be sure to CLICK ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@harvestshoppers 

I responded to your other post please provide the website info and I can definitely have a look for you.

Lisa

If my answer helped resolve your issue be sure to CLICK ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below
1 Kudo
harvestshoppers
Just visiting

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for the reply. Here is our website.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@harvestshoppers 

Hi:

Thanks for your website information.

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants to read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I had a look at your site, I didn't see anything obviously wrong there were a couple of things that could potentially be called into question insofar as meeting the guidelines is concerned.

However, the two most obvious issues that I could see were dealing with your location and email - you have not listed your location anywhere on your site. A good idea when working with a large platform such as Pinterest is to be as transparent as possible you have no contact number or address for any customer inquiries. It's important for potential customers to have the option to make an informed purchase - who they are purchasing from and where that person is located.

Your email address while it is a .com is not consistent with your site name, it's very similar to a Gmail address in that it is very vague. I have seen in the past, that Pinterest prefers a matching email address to the domain name.

If you fix these issues I would wait for 24hrs before filing an appeal, if after 24hrs the issue hasn't resolved itself then I would go ahead and file a ticket with Pinterest Support and have them review your account. Remember you have 30 days to fix an issue after you have been notified.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo