Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Payment verification error message

karriemarieva
Just visiting
Labels (4)

I have a new client that is trying to add billing information to her website so we can run ads but keeps getting the error, "Please verify the payment method and try again." The card details are all green checks but then this error message pops up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Monooutfit
Just visiting

Hi @dulwichgallery @shafnafsafna  @Zona0208 @glamifiedcosmetics @incomegenz 

If your payment failed or your card is declined you can check the bellow details:

• Make sure the card on file is accepted in your country. Please note that we currently do not accept prepaid cards (e.g. gift cards and stored value cards).

If above steps not working, Try these (Credit : @PinterestRenato )

* Clear your browser's cache and cookies. You can learn how here.

* Make sure your browser or APP  is up-to-date. You can check here.

* Try from a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari are optimized).

* Disable any browser extensions one by one (extensions sometimes conflict with Pinterest).

* Temporarily turn off any ad blocker software you're running.

* Try from another computer.

If it does not work, I will suggest you file a ticket to our support team, so they can investigate this.

Hope this will help you

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@karriemarieva Hi there you have picked a great place to join.... try 'dumping' your history first before filing a ticket sometimes honestly if you have tried numerous times to correct something you will just have to dump the history and begin fresh including logging out and back in to Pinterest - if it doesn't work definitely file a ticket with Pinterest Help. I have had some similar issues with running ads on Pinterest and this seems to work for me and I use Safari | Chrome | Firefox. I really hope this helps you - Lisa😁

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in to help, @realsouthamerica! @karriemarieva, are you still running into the error? Let me know -- if so, I can double-check with support, they may need you to file a ticket so they can troubleshoot. 🤞

3 Kudos
bespalov0982

Ok, I am having exactly the same problem. I am Canadian, who is stuck in Bulgaria because of the stupid pandemic. I have my Canadian address everywhere, I specifically indicated English as my language, I am trying to enter my Canadian Mastercard credit card from the RBC. These [word removed for Community Guidelines] look at my IP address and give me this very same error message. When I open the Declined Payments help page, they write at the top at the page that I am in a country not allowed to do anything on Pinterest (Bulgaria), and the icing on the cake is when I go to their Help center everything there is in bloody Russian! WFT with tracking IP and screwing my entire experience with the website? Why do I have to use proxies and VPN if I am temporarily in another country? How stupid this can get???

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@bespalov0982 @PinterestGabby Hi there, I tagged one of the Community Managers for you Gabby is really great as I refer to her she is our Pinterest Guru she maybe able to provide some insight into this issue. I am sorry your having a hard time I hope this helps even just a little Lisa😁

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bespalov0982, welcome to the community and thanks for flagging this, I understand your frustration here. Have you tried opening this in an incognito window? 

3 Kudos
diyinspiredideas
Just visiting

Hello Community

I have a UK account, and I am trying to set up my billing..

I have Indian Credit Card... (As its in the List of Accepted Payment Method)

I have tried all the incognito Tabs...Chrome, Firefox...

But every time it displays "Please verify the payment method and try again"

Literally facing this issue from last 2 Days...

Please Help Me!

@PinterestGabby 

@karriemarieva  were you able to overcome the issue?

1 Kudo
diyinspiredideas
Just visiting

Hi Gabby

Awaiting for your revert!

@PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
diyinspiredideas
Just visiting

Hi

Your error is fixed?

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @diyinspiredideas, thanks for coming to the community. Since you've tried the basic troubleshooting steps, I'd recommend filing a ticket with our customer support team so they can investigate. Be sure to attach any relevant screenshots so our team can diagnose the issue. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

1 Kudo