Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Office Hours with the Pinterest Shopping team!! 🎙

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 12.02.02 PM.png

Calling all businesses! We've got an exciting new event headed your way. We're looking to host some members from the Pinterest shopping team for an open Office Hours with the PBC!! Ahead of the session, we'd love to gage interest from our community and what kind of questions you'd like to ask our team so we can make the best use of our time together. 

Here are some examples of questions: 

- What is a data source?
- What does a technical difficulty error mean?
- My catalog was rejected. What do I do?

Please add your questions in this form so we can capture what this group would like to discuss. 

We can't wait to hear your thoughts!! ❤️ 

8 Kudos
12 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dunagency we posted a recap and the recording of Office Hours here!  

2 Kudos
dunagency
Just visiting

Thank you @PinterestGabby! SO looking forward to the recording 😄

0 Kudos
alireaz
Just visiting

- What is a data source?

A DataSource is a connection from a server to a database. Data sources do not have to match database file names. The Data Sources API allows structured data to correspond through atom SQL. Data sources are more than just conversion pipes. The data feeds can also be processed directly by users in amalgamation with external data sources. Dashboards use data feeds as data sources.

- What does a technical difficulty error mean?

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Give a look at the quoted example below. You are probably unable to access your website from the frontend (Dashboard) or the backend (cPanel) during these times/errors. Technical Difficulties are unforeseen equipment problems such as hardware failures or software bugs that make it difficult or impossible to perform the desired action. -- Technical Difficulties also called: [technical complications] [technical hitches] [technical problems] [gremlins]. 

What Cause Fatal Error: On WordPress, fatal (deadly) errors can be number causes of factors such as Bad CodingA poorly coded plugin will cause problems regardless of what theme and plugins you are using. Conflict with WordPress – Plugin code can be incompatible with the code used in the WordPress core files.

- My catalog was rejected. What do I do?

It is simply a matter of reviewing the reasons for the rejection of the catalog (data feed) in order to locate any issues, followed by following up with the catalog data feed in order to fix the errors. Once it complies with or resolves the version mandate by the shop/ads and commerce policy, you can appeal for review.

Thank you

Sincerely,
@alireaz | A Brand Designer
(Please consider my answer by educating me if I made the wrong answer)

0 Kudos