Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to connect your Squarespace eCommerce website to the Pinterest Verified Merchant Program

andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I made a blog post for anyone who is on a Squarespace e-commerce platform who wishes to enable the Verified Merchant Program on their Pinterest account. In the post I break down the following:

• Claiming your website

• Uploading your product catalog; including a CSV converter to be in compliance with Pinterest required formatting

• Installing your Pinterest Tag

• Adding the event code of ‘page view’; to properly install these since Pinterest recently updated their API you will need to be in developer mode.

• Adding the event code ‘add to cart’; to properly install these since Pinterest recently updated their API you will need to be in developer mode.

• Adding the event of ‘check out’; to properly install these since Pinterest recently updated their API you will need to be in developer mode.

In addition to following the above technical steps, you will need to apply and be approved by following the guidelines that Pinterest requires. All of this info and links are also included in the blog post. 

Good luck and one last thing to keep in mind. It takes time for the changes you make on your Squarespace site to propagate properly on Pinterest's end. These changes can take upwards of 72 hours or more to reflect inside your Business Hub. Be patient.

Here is the link to the blog post - https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pintere...

I hope this helps! 😊📌

9 Kudos
17 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

+1000000 @freshpinscreators! @andrealidesigns is the 👑

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

🙏🏼🤓📌🎉

0 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Just to confirm @andrealidesigns Once I do this, which is great and I love it, the Squarespace website will remain in Dev Mode and I Can't turn it off without losing all the changes? (My client is managing her own Squarespace and I'm not sure if she'll be happy with the Dev Mode).

0 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@freshpinscreators You need to be in DEV Mode for my instructions to work. I've never personally turned DEV Mode off after I've turned it on but you can get more granular on the functionality here - https://developers.squarespace.com/quick-start

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @andrealidesigns! Do you happen to have an updated article on this since Squarespace changed things? 

Would love to share it with our members who are struggling to connect to Pinterest with the new version. 

Thanks! -Tabby

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia Hi Tabby,

There are two versions of Squarespace sites 7.0 and 7.1. Both are relevant; it's just that some newer templates have version 7.1 baked into them.

Even though Squarespace recently updated its editor, any template with the 7.0 version can still access developer mode to enable my instructions.

I haven't dug into how to get my instructions to work with 7.1; that does not allow you to access developer mode. I honestly don't know if I have the bandwidth to do so since figuring things out for 7.0 was super involved.

My current 7.0 Squarespace site has been so customized that I doubt I will move to another newer 7.1 template. If I ever decide to redo my site, it will be on Shopify where most things are automated.

My apologies if this response is unhelpful but I hope I clarified that my instructions still work despite the new updates as long as the template you're using is a 7.0 version. 🤓📌

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns no, this is super helpful! Thank you, thank you! I totally get the bandwidth issue when things change. SO much! 

Thanks for your reply! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia Awesome! You're very welcome! My pleasure! 

Omygoodness, I swear there are too many changes happening with platforms. I feel that keeping up with them is half the job of a digital marketer. 🙄

Glad it was helpful! 🤓📌

1 Kudo