Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Gaining Followers

emilypangaro
Just visiting

I am starting from nothing right now as I just created my account. I've been posting consistently, both regular pins and idea pins. I am getting a good number of impressions but I am not sure how to get more people to follow. Any advice would be great!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @emilypangaro  and welcome to the PBC!

It's great to hear that you are diving right into content creation. Gaining followers has a lot to do with creating content that inspires your audience.

Pioneer @everydaylifewithlaura put together this article that will help. Check it out:
https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/creator-tips-and-tricks/m-p/39461#M2487 

Meanwhile, have fun creating content!

3 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @emilypangaro   and welcome to the PBC!

Yes, I see you've been creating Idea Pins...good job but I do have some tips for you so you can get the engagement it deserves.

My first question to you is what is your goal on Pinterest? What do you hope to achieve? 

In the meantime here's some things you can do to get more followers:

1. Create fresh content weekly, but be consistent

The more you create, the more chances you’ll have to get discovered. Aim to create fresh Idea Pins every week to engage your current audience and maximize your potential to reach new people. 

Your audience isn’t coming to Pinterest to hunt for likes, or see what everyone else is doing. They’re looking for inspiration and ready to take action. Are you creating content that will inspire your audience?

Consistent pinning means pin the same amount and build from there but don't go up and down; no roller coaster activity.

2. Use trends to inform your strategy

Stay up to date on the latest Pinterest trends so you create relevant content for a large audience. You can use our trends tool to gauge the potential reach for different topics you might want to post about. Just type in a keyword, and you’ll see how many people have searched for it over time. That data can help you decide where to focus your content.

You can also participate in the monthly trends submisstion to get more eyeballs on your pins. https://creatormonthlytrends.splashthat.com/

3. Add text overlay to your Pins

I see you're not using text overlay on your Pins.

The text overlay on your Idea Pins affects how they show up in Pinterest search. It’s like SEO on Pinterest: If you pick the right keywords, you’ll reach more people.

To find the right keywords, you can use the Pinterest Trends tool. Or, search for your topic on Pinterest and see what suggested keywords pop up under the Guided Search tool.

4. Topic tag before you publish

With Idea Pins and video Pins you can tag your content with relevant topics right before hitting publish. Always do this! Tagging a mix of topics related to your content helps your idea reach the people who are interested in what you’re creating.

5. Build your community

Building relationships with your audience is an ongoing process. Be authentic and approachable and they’ll show you their love in return. And on Pinterest, you get more chances to reach people than you do on other platforms. Content remains discoverable—it doesn’t disappear after 24 hours. Because people find content by interests, and not a chronological feed, more people will keep finding your Idea Pins for months to come.

Does that help for now? If so, please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION. 

Thanks and let me know if you need anything else. 

2 Kudos