Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Copyright rules for idea pins

karriemarieva
Just visiting

With idea pins and trying to repurpose content, is it considered safe to post IG reels and stories that you might have done with music in them? Or is it just considered best practice to create your own with text and some images from Canva for example?  Thanks

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @karriemarieva, welcome to the PBC! You can read the Idea Pins best practices here. It does mention uploading content from somewhere else:

💡 Create it yourself

• Create an original Idea Pin within Pinterest—don't just upload content from somewhere else. And use the content that you own. Full stop. 

In regards to music, you should make sure you have a license to use the music on this platform, or use music found on the iOS app. I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
5 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Copyright rules are the same on all socials. Give credit where credit is due. I've seen people share their IG and TikTok content on Pinterest and some work well on Pinterest but it depends on your type of business. The types of designs you create will depend on your vertical. People on Pinterest want content that are actionable. Since you're in the service based business you know that your images will be different from say a food vertical. 

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @karriemarieva, welcome to the PBC! You can read the Idea Pins best practices here. It does mention uploading content from somewhere else:

💡 Create it yourself

• Create an original Idea Pin within Pinterest—don't just upload content from somewhere else. And use the content that you own. Full stop. 

In regards to music, you should make sure you have a license to use the music on this platform, or use music found on the iOS app. I hope this helps you.

5 Kudos
karriemarieva
Just visiting

Thank you so much. Yes makes sense. 🙂

1 Kudo
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

@michaelbliss is music available only on the iOS app (and not Android)?

I just got stickers this week (yesterday I think) & I'm wondering if music is next.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @4thHouseOnTheRight I guess I just marked your reply as the solution by accident, but I'm thinking the feature is only on iOS. The Product Release Roundup only mentions iOS.

1 Kudo