Can't create product groups, unhealthy tags- MAJOR CONFUSED

hellocutters
Just visiting

It is all greyed out and I can't create anything.  When I go back out I see groups made for me already. 

Also I have added my tag, became verified and now my tags are unhealthy. 

I had a developer add the tags to my wix website and still unhealthy. we checked on goggle and all the green checkmarks are there. I have been waiting for a change since Monday. 

How do I create the groups and fix my tags?

I am confused, frustrated, and hangry! 

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.06.20 PM.png

Image 7-6-21 at 10.32 AM.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hellocutters
Just visiting

Thanks so much, I fixed my tags! Yay!! I did some digging and found what the issue was. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
8 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @hellocutters !

I totally get your frustration (and I hope you got something to eat!).  This catalog stuff was so confusing for me, but I'm finally starting to understand how to troubleshoot so I hope I can help. 🙂

It looks like some fields in your data source aren't available which is why you can't create product groups and some of the checkout information is not coming through resulting in the unhealthy tag fires.

To start with the Product groups - I'm not familiar with catalogs on Wix specifically, but I have successfully set up manual catalogs for a bunch of clients of mine. 

First, do you know if your developer manually created a catalog, or does Wix have a product catalog of its own?

The product category options are unavailable to you because your catalog is missing those fields. (think, a spreadsheet missing certain columns)

"Category" will become available if your catalog includes the field "google_product_category" - (The categorization of the product based on the standardized Google Product Taxonomy.)

"Product Type" will become available if your catalog has the field "product_type"

"Brand" will become available if your catalog has the field "brand" (I never use this one since most of the catalogs I set up are for a single brand)

"Custom" will become available if you manually add "custom_label_0".  You can add up to 5 custom labels.

Here is more detail: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/before-you-get-started-with-catalogs#section-9441

Now for the tags-    Is Wix your checkout processor or do you use something else?

The page visit event should be placed on all product pages and should include the product ID (from your catalog) for that product.  Then when someone lands on that product page, the page visit event will fire and pass back that product id identifier to Pinterest. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.36.03 AM.png

The add to cart and Checkout events are a little harder to include the product id unless you use Thrivecart where you can hardcode value and product id on each individual product.  But you can still get a healthy tag without "product ID" on add to cart and checkout.  You'll just have to correct the "value".

If your products are different price points or people can purchase multiple items at a time, then you will need to pass the value back dynamically.   https://developers.pinterest.com/docs/ad-tools/conversion-tag/?#value-qunatity-event-data

*also, just a reminder - after you fix your tags, it usually takes a few days to reflect the tag's health over on Pinterest.  

Ok, that was A LOT of info! I hope that helps a little bit though!  🙂

-Cali 

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

0 Kudos
hellocutters
Just visiting

@thehalcyonhive if I understand this correctly, my unhealthy tags are unhealthy because the information is missing from the catalog I uploaded into Pinterest? 

Where I am getting tripped up is is when you click on what you need to include in the event codes you see product_id: '1414' ...do I use that code? or do I add something else there. Where I am getting at is how to I customize the '   ' to my website?

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellocutters that's correct.

The '1414' is just the example they use there.  You'll have to edit for each of those events (or at least for the page visit events).  You can get each product's product_id from your website's catalog.  Or if you created a manual catalog, it's just a number you assign.  I usually just start with 1001, 1002, etc. for my products to make it easy.

----------

0 Kudos
hellocutters
Just visiting

@thehalcyonhive I have variances and I found the backend list that contains each product ID tied to my variances, how do I add the variances to my catalog? I have almost 1000 variances. 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Shoot, I wish I had an answer for you!  Unfortunately, I'm not too sure how Wix catalogs work.  Or do you have a manual catalog set up (aka a spreadsheet you created and host on Wix)? 

With a product assortment as large as yours, I would recommend going with one of the third-party integrations vs a manual catalog.  That way it will automatically update the catalog when you have sales, out-of-stock products, new products added, etc.  On a manual catalog, you have to physically do that each time on your spreadsheet if you have a change in products or prices.

----------

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Here are the Pinterest-approved third-party integrations:

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 12.58.12 PM.png

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/before-you-get-started-with-catalogs

----------

0 Kudos
hellocutters
Just visiting

Thanks so much, I fixed my tags! Yay!! I did some digging and found what the issue was. 

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

That's fantastic!  Thank you for the update too!  What was the issue?

----------

0 Kudos