Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I need advices on how to run Ads on Pinterest

EllaMaryjaine
Just visiting

Does anyone have tips on running ads? Like which campaigns you recommend to run that get the best return? I am focusing on growing as much as I possible can to be seen. Just wondering what people experience was before running campaign Ads. Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @EllaMaryjaine 

I have been running ads for businesses for a few years now and let me tell you...it is a challenge.

1) One of the most common mistakes that businesses make is that they are too quick to choose a conversion campaign. I mean isn't that what we all want, faster sales?  Unfortunately that is not always the best strategy. First, you need to make sure you are set up for success. One of the first things I look for is to make sure there are enough people to target. I can't really tell you anything beyond that unless I see your data. 

2) Realize that...

It can take months, maybe a year for an amateur to fully master Pinterest ads. 

There is a lot to know if you truly want to maximize the performance of your paid Pinterest ads.  It can be daunting to say the least. 

1. Did you know that ads have an algorithm too? 
  2. Do you know about the “Learning Mode”? 
  3. Did you know that automatic bidding is preferred versus setting a specific amount? 
  4. Did you know that you must invest a certain amount, or you’ll end up wasting your money? 
  5. Did you know that if your images suck no amount of money is going to convert your ads into sales? 

I could go on and on. 

I have been a full time Pinterest manager for a decade and now a Pinterest ads manager too.

How is a part timer going to keep up with all the changes?

3) Get free help from Pinterest https://ads.pinterest.com/expert/?referrer=self_serve_biz_site

Not all Pinterest ads manager have the same skills.

Just so you know that Pinterest ads manager are given accounts based on the client's monthly investment. What I mean by that is if you spend very little you will get a very junior Pinterest ads manager. 

Bottom line; you either master Pinterest ads management or make a substantial investment so you can get a senior Pinterest ads manager. 

4) Here's how to use the Pinterest ads manager https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/getting-started-in-ads-manager/

Please 'accept as solution' is this answers your question. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @EllaMaryjaine 

I have been running ads for businesses for a few years now and let me tell you...it is a challenge.

1) One of the most common mistakes that businesses make is that they are too quick to choose a conversion campaign. I mean isn't that what we all want, faster sales?  Unfortunately that is not always the best strategy. First, you need to make sure you are set up for success. One of the first things I look for is to make sure there are enough people to target. I can't really tell you anything beyond that unless I see your data. 

2) Realize that...

It can take months, maybe a year for an amateur to fully master Pinterest ads. 

There is a lot to know if you truly want to maximize the performance of your paid Pinterest ads.  It can be daunting to say the least. 

1. Did you know that ads have an algorithm too? 
  2. Do you know about the “Learning Mode”? 
  3. Did you know that automatic bidding is preferred versus setting a specific amount? 
  4. Did you know that you must invest a certain amount, or you’ll end up wasting your money? 
  5. Did you know that if your images suck no amount of money is going to convert your ads into sales? 

I could go on and on. 

I have been a full time Pinterest manager for a decade and now a Pinterest ads manager too.

How is a part timer going to keep up with all the changes?

3) Get free help from Pinterest https://ads.pinterest.com/expert/?referrer=self_serve_biz_site

Not all Pinterest ads manager have the same skills.

Just so you know that Pinterest ads manager are given accounts based on the client's monthly investment. What I mean by that is if you spend very little you will get a very junior Pinterest ads manager. 

Bottom line; you either master Pinterest ads management or make a substantial investment so you can get a senior Pinterest ads manager. 

4) Here's how to use the Pinterest ads manager https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/getting-started-in-ads-manager/

Please 'accept as solution' is this answers your question. Thanks

2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

I agree with @pinterestmarketingexpert  I would add to the comment about what you spend. Make sure you have enough budget to get 5X the conversions you want per day. Which means, if you tell Pinterest you will pay $20 for a sale, your budget should be $100/day for that campaign.

If you are using consideration ads (which you should start with if your Pins haven't had much distribution up until now), try to guess how much you'll need to spend to get a sale and 5X that. This can be tricky, but if you know how many visitors you need to a page to get a sale, you can multiply your cost per outbound click by that number. 

I've been running Pinterest ads since they started and they do get harder all the time. There is a lot of competition in some niches. 

I'm itching to promote an Idea Pin - just waiting on the client to provide the files. My hunch is that since this is very new and most people won't be using it, we would get an early-adopter bonus in performance 🙂

3 Kudos