Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Why are my Pinterest views and impressions decreasing while I'm promoting?

sandyinthesunshine
Just visiting

I've been promoting a few pins from another business account for the past week, but my views and impressions are decreasing. I can't get a response. All I've received are generic responses from the help desk that don't answer my questions. I'm assuming those responses are automated replies, but I really need to hear from a human being. I don't know what is causing this. I keep hearing it's "seasonal fluctuations," but my friends say my pins aren't showing up in their feeds, either. So there seems to be more to this.

My views and impressions have decreased by 50% for no apparent reason. I'm paying to promote these pins, so I'm wondering why they're hardly being seen.

What is going on, and what can I do about this? Someone please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @sandyinthesunshine 

Welcome to PBC. 

1. First, realize that it's almost impossible to give you an exact reason why your impressions have not grown without seeing your full data and strategy, when you started (remember there is a learning mode that has to happen when you launch your first campaign), your targetting, etc etc. 

2. If you're using keywords you might be using the wrong ones which means you're not getting in front of the right audience. BTW, you'll have more success with targetting based on interests versus keywords. 

3. Free resouces for PROMOTED PINS

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/getting-started-in-ads-manager

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/advertise

4. It's possible that no one is looking for what you are selling at this time. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else.

Please 'accept as solution' if this answers your question.

Thank you and good luck! 

2 Kudos
hopebroidery
Posts regularly

I'm no marketing expert like @pinterestmarketingexpert!! But I did want to reach out just in case. Like Anna said, it could definitely be that people simply aren't searching for what you're promoting right now (but that doesn't mean they won't in the future!). I typically only see my friends' posts when their posts are directly related to something I'm searching for, which I know feels strange when so many of us are used to more typical "social" media type apps that show us our friends' posts even if we aren't searching for their particular content. 

I'll also note that I see a dip in impressions, saves, etc., in the summer -- so I know it's frustrating to hear that it could be seasonal, but that really is the reality for a lot of our content!

Keep going, you've got this!!

2 Kudos
sandyinthesunshine
Just visiting

Thank you for your response, but my keywords haven't changed. The strange thing is that I'm not having this issue elsewhere. Since May, my impressions have dropped from hundreds daily to about 17 (lately). I haven't changed anything. My strategy is the same. My keywords are the same. Just my impressions have plunged without explanation. 

0 Kudos