Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Unable to publish high quality idea pins

themalavikable
Just visiting

Hi. Usually, I upload videos in 1080 p or 4k quality. After uploading idea pins, the video quality is getting reduced. I started facing this issue very recently. The reduction in video quality has affected my reach and views it seems. Please help.

1 Kudo
10 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @themalavikable!

I've noticed this with my content and some of my clients as well.  This seems to be an ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved yet. I've also noticed that when we add stickers or things in the mobile app that it's distorting the image or video on the idea pin.  @PinterestJazmin could you escalate this? 

Or does anyone else have suggestions to get higher quality video? Apps you use, etc?

@terezatoledo @JanaOMedia @simplepinmedia @heatherfarrisco @andrealidesigns @bodymindmood @everydaylifewithlaura 

4 Kudos
meganpatziusblog
Just visiting

Just wanted to say I have noticed this as well. I upload in 4K and the video quality goes down after the pin is live. Would love to know a solution!

1 Kudo
camilacurls
Just visiting

I'm also struggling with video quality and I'm going crazy trying to figure it out!!! The videos don't look blurry when I look at them on my laptop but they are definitely blurry on mobile. I don't know how other creators have good quality videos.  

3 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive  Yep, same boat over here! I'm glad you mentioned it. 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

We are noticing this with our clients and students even if we upload original and not repurposed from another platform @thehalcyonhive 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@themalavikable @thehalcyonhive 

FYI I received a note from Pinterest telling me the mobile app was having problems with IOS16 and that they were working on it. I have not been able to upload Idea Pins since yesterday and Video Pins take a lot of effort as the Pinterest mobile app is crashing consistently.

That would be my explanation - I remember the last time there was an IOS update there were similiar problems with Video.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo
KimsDelight
Just visiting

Has there been a resolution for any one as of yet? I have also experienced this and it's a bit frustrating trying to troubleshoot a solution.  I'll be following this thread.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Kudos
PinterestJoan
Community Manager
Community Manager

@themalavikable @KimsDelight @thehalcyonhive @bodymindmood @meganpatziusblog @camilacurls @simplepinmedia @heatherfarrisco

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback as always. I've shared this feedback with our team, and we'll be sure to keep this in mind as we continue to build out new features and improve the current ones. Thank you all for your patience at this time.

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestJoan @michaelbliss 

Hi there no problem please check out this thread we spent a lot of time on this but eventually it worked.

Issues with iOS 16 and also with the updated 16.0.3 

Lisa

3 Kudos