Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Unable to post from Pinterest App - Andoid

co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Hello, beautiful community!

Since yesterday I'm experiencing this on my Pinterest App on Android: I cannot post Idea Pins as the app doesn't pull any of my photos or media from my storage. 
Sharing a regular image as a regular Pin via the media files works, but posting from the Pinterest App it's not working. The app has access to the media, I've cleared the cache, and forced stopped the app, but still nothing...While I can use the desktop app or anything else to post Idea Pins, the phone app allows me to tag products, which I prefer doing when the case...

The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the app and installing again...

Is this a bug, is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Hi Michael! Thank you for your reply.

I'm not using the app to produce the videos, problem was not only videos were missing, but every kind of media, like the app didn't have any access to my media at all, no pictures, no GIFS, everything was blank although in the settings the app had full access.

I'm mostly using .mp4 , rarely .mov files. And oh, using a Huawei, and no, I haven't done any recent Android updates. 

I had no other solution than to clear everything, uninstall and install it again and now everything is in order, the app can see all my media.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @co_cultiv8 , welcome to the PBC!  A couple of questions: which phone are you using? Did you recently upgrade Android? I've had issues on Android if the video is encoded as a .mov file. Are you using the app to produce your videos?

Normally I wouldn't suggest deleting and reinstalling the app, but in this case, it may be worth trying. Make sure to clear the cache, delete the app data and then uninstall, reinstall.

Please come back to this thread with updates, it will help anyone who is having the same issue.

2 Kudos
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Hi Michael! Thank you for your reply.

I'm not using the app to produce the videos, problem was not only videos were missing, but every kind of media, like the app didn't have any access to my media at all, no pictures, no GIFS, everything was blank although in the settings the app had full access.

I'm mostly using .mp4 , rarely .mov files. And oh, using a Huawei, and no, I haven't done any recent Android updates. 

I had no other solution than to clear everything, uninstall and install it again and now everything is in order, the app can see all my media.

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@co_cultiv8  It sounds like a permission issue that was the cause. The good news it's working and you are able to upload!

Happy creating!

1 Kudo
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Yes, kind of like that, although in the settings the app had permission to use all the media, but it acted like it didn't...a bug of some sort. 

All good now. I hope this helps here if someone has the same issue.

Have a great weekend, Michael! 

1 Kudo