Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tuesday Tips 📌 Exploring Analytics

PinterestMyriah
Pinployee
Pinployee
Labels (3)

pexels-timur-saglambilek-185576.jpg

Analytics.pinterest.com is an analytics solution that helps Creators understand their overall presence on Pinterest. With Pinterest analytics, Creators can learn about:

• How people interact with their content across different channels (example: impressions, unique viewers and engagements across content they’ve published or saved from their claimed website or other claimed accounts (Etsy, YouTube and/or Instagram).
  • Where their content on Pinterest came from (example: organic and paid content created or saved by a partner, organic content created or saved by a Pinner).
  • Where people interact with their content (example: mobile, web, tablet, etc.).
  • What content performs the best (example: which Pins are getting more engagement).

Key features

• See impressions, viewers (total audience), engagements and engaged audience from the last 30 days.
  • See organic, paid and earned engagement for all of your Pins.
  • Find out how people on Pinterest interact with content they save from your claimed accounts.
  • View your most popular Pins and ads to build your content and media strategy with confidence.
  • Learn which topics your audience is interested in, based on their behavior on Pinterest.
  • View metrics specific to both organic and paid videos.

How to get started

• On Web
    • Before you begin, make sure you are set up with a business profile
    • Go to www.pinterest.com and click on Analytics. 
    • Select Overview from the dropdown menu
  • On Mobile
    • Navigate to your profile via your avatar in the bottom menu bar
    • In the upper right corner, select the graph icon

Share your thoughts or feedback below on how you are leveraging the analytics tool!

11 Kudos
30 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

I may be biased but I LOVE these Tuesday Tips!! 💜

2 Kudos
tinycraft
Posts regularly

I love the analytics tab! And the trends tab too (something I don't see other platforms have :), it's super useful).

One point of feedback: in analytics it can be confusing how the last 1-2 days are displayed hourly instead of daily. When I first saw that I thought all my pins were suddenly tanking and I heard the same first impression by other people here on the forum.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good point -- thanks for the feedback, @tinycraft!

0 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

@PinterestMyriahthanks again for mentioning this post during our chat today! Confirming that I am currently leveraging this tool and it provides great insight!

One thing I'd be interested in learning more about is the definitions of the metrics, and how they correlate and what kind of conclusions I can take away about my Pinterest performance & strategy as a whole.

As an example, when I reviewed March data, I noticed that 'Outbound Clicks' are down but 'Engagement' is holding steady. I feel comfortable determining that this is due to the increase in Story Pins I've been publishing.

But sometimes I'll be reviewing the data and see something peculiar, such as I saw my 'Save Rate' from Feb to March drop but the 'Saves' metric shows a slight increase which seems counterintuitive. Maybe I’m not understanding the difference between these? 🤷

Hopefully that all makes sense!!!

2 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

Love the analytics, it's actually pretty easy to understand. It helped me create story pins that essentially are having a "viral" moment. I recently hit 10M+ monthly views and 2 of my boards have 2-3MM impressions. I also have been growing super fast and it all started with a Home Inspo board I made LAST SUMMER. Home content does well for my audience, recently also found out how well Bump Style does as well. Analytics will definitely guide you in the right direction. Thanks for sharing!

4 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

WHOA amazing, @dailydoseofluxury!!!! 

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

That's awesome @dailydoseofluxury ! What was it about analytics that gave you the insight to make that kind of leap? Curious to get some more insight on some specifics. Thank you!!!!

2 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

@owlbbaking when you're looking at your analytics, you can see what type of things your audience actually likes. If you visit your Audience Insights it tells you the categories and interests that your audience likes. My audience loves architecture and home decor. Stuff that I post from my blog and videos I create on my own do great, but I usually create a few story pins that directly speak to the things my audience likes.

Every week I'm looking at my Top Boards currently checking right now, my Barbie Dream House Board has 9.4M impressions. Saying that to say, I continue to make that a priority in my strategy. 

When you're looking at your audience insights, you can select the category and it further breaks down the type of things under that more general oversight. They like Architecture, but residential specifically, they love unique landscape. I pin A LOT, more than the average person, so with the reach of story pins, I create a few here and there (1x-2x) a month and they continue to produce these results. My very first story pins last summer June 2020 are STILL getting crazy reach and results. Story pins has definitely changed the trajectory of Pinterest for me and very quickly

4 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

My suggestion is spend time looking at some of the things your Audience enjoys and see how you can include it in your strategy. I feel like this is good because my husband and I will be moving onto another part of our property and I'll be transitioning into some home content, so check those analytics, by far the easiest to understand in my opinion as far as social channels are concerned.

2 Kudos