Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tips of the Month 📌 Pinterest Best Practices

PinterestJoan
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (4)

Hi PBC!

We’re excited to share our Tips of the Month! Every month we’ll be highlighting tips & tricks that can help you find success on Pinterest. Today we’re highlighting some tips from one of our community members, @beboldwithkatah!

📌 Tips: 

• “Use trends and keywords by seeing how they can fit your content! This always opens me up to things I may not have thought of on my own. It helps me create content I would already be creating in a new and fun way. It also helps you reach more of an audience. I've seen my work on the trends page a few times which has been so fun.”
  • “Be patient. Just because you don't see any engagement happening doesn't mean it's not working! I've seen my Pins trend and pick up months or even a year later. Stay the course. Remind yourself why you're doing what you're doing.” 

👉 Bonus: To view what’s trending on Pinterest, check out our Pinterest Trends site.

Thank you @beboldwithkatah for sharing your tips & tricks with the community!

If you have a tip or idea you’d like to share, be sure to submit it using the form below. If your submission is selected, you’ll get a chance to be featured in our monthly community newsletter! 

Did you find these tips helpful? Share with us in the comments! 🙂

>> Tips of the Month Submission Form <<

13 Kudos
11 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Great tips, @beboldwithkatah !

1 Kudo
californiapointe
Posts regularly

Love this @beboldwithkatahI need to get consistent about using Pinterest Trends Site - thanks for the article!

1 Kudo
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

Thanks for the feature! 

0 Kudos
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

@hellohomegirl Thank you!

0 Kudos
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

@californiapointe Thank you! Yes, super helpful. XO.

1 Kudo
samanthajeanbushika

Thank you so much for the great tips. You presented in a way that I didn't feel overwhelmed. I appreciate that. Metta, friend!

1 Kudo
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

@samanthajeanbushika Glad you found them helpful! XO. 

0 Kudos
QueenConnoisseur
Just visiting

Thanks for sharing this information, I think I have a few more helpful tips I would like to share.

• You see this often but it really does matter, stay consistent! It’s generally believed that you should be pinning up to 15 to 30 pins per day/week, and yes depending on how many fresh new ideas you come up with the more you’re putting your content out there the more your content will circulate the Pinterest app via their algorithm and because of that you’ll eventually start to find your audience. I could really go on about this one topic but I’ll save it for another time.
  • In my personal experience Impressions are an extremely important metric. Through impressions is how you find your audience. It also can really help with understanding how far of a reach you have on the platform, like for example for the first two weeks of December my total Impressions was at 14k. But if I go back and look at the month of November, it took me 31 days to reach that same 14k… I can take that information and deduce that December being the month Christmas falls under might’ve had a lot to do with that sudden increase of impressions. So now I know for future reference, pinning content (I’m sure it depends on what kind of content) during the first two weeks of December could reach a much wider audience!
  • We’re about to head into the post holiday seasons and from what I’ve read January to June I think would be the best time for anyone who’s new and acquainted with Pinterest to spend the post holiday season experimenting and researching (obvi you can do this whenever), so to have a better foundation for your brand or business (especially if you’re a small business).
  • Based on my own experience, I started taking Pinterest more seriously during the holiday season and one thing I didn’t consider was how quickly your brand can grow during the Holiday season, and how fast the traffic you’ve worked so hard for, that you've now become accustomed to will begin slowing down. It hasn’t officially happened yet, but slower traffic is something that you should mentally prepare for, especially if you’re new to it. Plus the additional holiday frenzy can add a lot of pressure from out of nowhere, and you might not even recognize where it’s coming from. From your perspective all you might be focused on is the substantial growth you will see from all the fresh content you’re posting during the holiday season and you’ll just be there riding the wave until you become blindside by the sudden wave of post holiday buying. Don’t take it personally, it’s something that has happened and will continue to happen for everyone who post content on social media, hence why I think from January to June is a good time to experiment so as to teach you how you can bounce back!
0 Kudos
SusanneRoseArt
Just visiting

Thanks for the great tips. Does anyone know how much time I have to have between pins that have a different image, but link to the same URL? I usually make more graphics for each of my tutorials and then plan them with the Pin Builder. I leave 3 days inbetween each that go to the same URL. Is this enough? Thank you!

1 Kudo