Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

The best time to schedule pins? Here's my take

michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I would like to share with you my take on when is the best time to schedule your posts on Pinterest, and the success I’ve had along the way.

I do want to mention this certainly is not a replacement for advice from an experienced Pinterest Strategist such as
@simplepinmedia @terezatoledo @JanaOMedia @thehalcyonhive @pinterestmarketingexpert @alisammeredith 

who will have a much better grasp of your business and the goals you might have. It’s important that you have someone experienced in this field. We have amazing talent here in the Pinterest Pioneers Group that you should definitely reach out to.

For several years, I spent way too much time trying to figure out the timing of uploading my pins rather than the quality and effort in creating them. I found myself getting worked up about the algorithm, hoping to increase the impressions and gaining new followers when I should have concentrated more on putting the best version of myself into content creating and the engagement of my community.

What began to work for me was when I uploaded content as soon as I had something ready. It didn’t matter to me the actual time or the day of week I posted. Sometimes I would post in the mornings, other times I would post in the evenings, whatever was the easiest for me. Many times I would post at two in the morning, but that didn’t work out too well. Not going to do that anymore.

I found that once I took focus off the ‘when’ and placed it on the quality of content, my engagement started to grow.

But the key is engagement. As your community grows, they will tell you the best time to post and why. It all happens with how well you engage with your community. Ask questions in the comments, leave a response to comments, the good ones and even the not so good ones. Welcome your new followers, ask questions about what content they would like to see more of and less of. Be sensitive of who and how your community reacts and the messages you might have.

Spend a little time looking over your followers boards and repins, pay attention to who they follow. All of this will add up to more of a complete picture of adjusting the timing of your posts and what content stands out to them.

This is your audience and they look to you for inspiration, so take it seriously and give them the best possible content as you can.

And as you make a habit of engaging with your community, you will have a much clearer idea of the best schedule you should be on. It will take the burden off of you somewhat so you can do what you do best; which is to be yourself. That is exactly what your community loves the most. The best you being the best you.

So, if you have content ready to go, upload it now. The rest will take care of itself.

7 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@michaelbliss --  co-sign! You're right on point. 

I encourage clients and students to not worry about what times / days to post - because Pinterest is a search engine and much of the content people see is surfaced based more on relevancy than recency. 

Instead, we focus on *consistently* adding helpful and inspiring content to Pinterest... and keywording that content well. That way, it can be discovered all day, every day by people searching for what you help with and offer! 🙂 🎉

View solution in original post

7 Kudos
5 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@michaelbliss --  co-sign! You're right on point. 

I encourage clients and students to not worry about what times / days to post - because Pinterest is a search engine and much of the content people see is surfaced based more on relevancy than recency. 

Instead, we focus on *consistently* adding helpful and inspiring content to Pinterest... and keywording that content well. That way, it can be discovered all day, every day by people searching for what you help with and offer! 🙂 🎉

7 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Completely agree. If timing matters at all, it currently matters very little. Could that change to an Instagram publish-the-same-kind-of-content-the-same-day-of-the-week-every-week thing? Sure, but we don't have any inclination of that now. 

4 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

This is great advice, @michaelbliss !

Thank you for sharing your take on this!

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Spot on, friend! @michaelbliss 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Pinterest is now totally a search engine, so timing doesn't matter. my opinions 

1 Kudo