Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tailwind pins - little to no impressions

awilderthoughtco

Hi everyone - I opened a ticket with support a month ago but have only received periodical “I’m still looking into it” responses and no help, so I am hoping this community can help. 

I use Tailwind to schedule my pins. I’ve noticed that I receive very few or no impressions. Up until a week ago, if I re-saved them in Pinterest through the app or my browser, the impressions would pop up immediately and climb. This week, no such luck. I’m sort of at my wits end here and getting zero support from Pinterest. 

has anyone experienced the same? Considering throwing in the towel with Tailwind but also, since re-saving doesn’t help anymore, not sure if Pinterest jsut doesn’t like my account. My website is verified. I post new pins the majority of the time. I am careful about keywords. Totally lost. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I used Tailwind when it first came out and it was good at the beginning - like for the first four months, but then it just didn't do the trick anymore. I bet Pinterest sees the pins posted via Tailwind spammy. Now I just do everything manually, making sure everything is pinned on the right board - to bring value not just to be there to be seen.

1 Kudo
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

I don't use Tailwind, so I can't help you in that regard.

But upon looking at your profile, I might have a tip for you. You see, you might have angered Pinterest a bit. You have most of your pins linked to your homepage URL. It would be better to point them to blog posts. It will help you get clicks too, if your affirmation images are linked to a blog post like "Top 10 daily affirmations". You could even put links to your books at the end of the blog post.

I've seen increase in impressions when I started making sure I don't repeat the same URL often. I guess it makes the algorithm think you're spamming it otherwise.

For example you would have 10 blog posts and you would post one pin a day with a link to that blog post. That way you would repeat the same URL only once every 10 days.

And if I may be a little bit too honest... I don't think you have that many pins to need Tailwind. In case you only schedule the pins and not use their other services and tools, I don't think the price is worth it. Scheduling through Pinterest is not bad - you can schedule up to 100 pins, two weeks in advance.

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @awilderthoughtco! I agree with @Kontentsia - you definitely want to diversify the links you're adding to your pins. 

Pinterest has always said, in no uncertain terms, that they don't treat pins any differently when they are scheduled through and approved third-party scheduler. So I don't think it's a case of Tailwind being a factor. 

Be careful not to make any big changes or decisions based on a week of data! I would audit your pins and your process against best practices, and keep going. One week of reduced impressions might not be enough data to go on! 

I hope some of this helps! 

Info on best practices: 

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/how-to-make-pins/ 

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/creative-best-practices

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@hellohomegirl - do you use Tailwind? Are you seeing anything different recently? 

0 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi! I do use Tailwind. Just like posting directly on Pinterest, I experience ebbs and flows in my analytics. The advice given by @Kontentsia is solid!

@awilderthoughtco @JanaOMedia 

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Thanks for weighing in, @hellohomegirl !

1 Kudo