Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

suddenly getting no views on my idea pins

lovejessicablair
Just visiting
Labels (2)

i usually get pretty good engagement on my idea pins but, over the past week, suddenly none of my followers are seeing my pins. i tried contacting pinterest support but they just told me that dips in engagement is natural, but it's clearly something going on with pinterest 😕 

has anyone experienced this and/or found any solutions? 

1 Kudo
4 Replies
sarawatsonim
Just visiting

Yep, the last two idea pins in the last 3 days have had barely any views. I usually get thousands over the first 24 hours regardless of the time of year because my content is pretty evergreen. Something weird is going on for sure, so between the lack of views, and the inability to include a link that goes to a corresponding blog post makes Idea Pins not really worth my time anymore. 

1 Kudo
mmillerrr15
Posts regularly

Hello! You’re for sure not the only one - here’s another thread where multiple people are experiencing the same thing!

2 Kudos
praveenk13

Hi, this isn't a solution. I'm facing this issue since quite some time, and I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hello @praveenk13, and welcome to the PBC!

In the last year, we invested in new tools to help creators like you bring their ideas to life through the creation of Pins. We introduced camera features, editing tools, stickers, filters and more with our new Pin format to enable creators to more easily create inspiration directly within the Pinterest app.

We’ve recently made some changes to better serve the most relevant content to Pinners based on user feedback. While we continue to get positive feedback on Pins, we also recognize that Pinners are looking for a variety of ways to find and consume inspiring content.

As such, we made updates to how we recommend Pins to ensure users see content that they may find most engaging and useful. Some of these changes, while anticipated to drive growth in your long term engagement and metrics, may result in a decrease in impressions for Pins in the short term and thus want to give you visibility into these changes:

• Inspirational engagement. The best way to build an audience on Pinterest is by publishing ideas worth saving. To underscore Pinterest's longstanding value as a visual platform with saveable, inspiring ideas, we will be increasingly prioritizing content that generates saves and engagement that inspires Pinners.
  • Mix your content. Now, we want to open up the lens of creation and invite you to consider Pins as part of your broader content mix on Pinterest, inclusive of standard image Pins, Pins with links and Pins of all aspect ratios. We believe that this shift will in the longer term help you grow your unique audience on Pinterest and result in a more inspiring, positive platform for all.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos