Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Shuffles

hellosunnydaykids
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Hi, I'm curious about copyright issues for Shuffles. I'm thinking of ways to use it off the app.

Is it ok to post the shuffles on blogs?

Also, if I created a magazine that is available in pdf form, would it be ok to add a shuffle there as inspiration for readers?

Thanks everyone!

Robin 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellosunnydaykids @thehalcyonhive @michaelbliss 

Hi 

In answer to your question about an image on a blog not to my knowledge but I would imagine it does happen.

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
8 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @hellosunnydaykids , welcome to the PBC! Great question!

I'm tagging @bodymindmood and @thehalcyonhive for visibility and insight.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellosunnydaykids 

Hi there

@michaelbliss thanks for tagging me this is a good question

So, I have done shuffles and I love them!!!!!!

I have already added my Shuffles on IG - if you want to check them out Robin @bodymindmoodfit on IG.

I have two and the Shuffles I created were made using Pinterest - alot of the visuals I added were already on my Pinterest Boards, content I used I had already paid for on Adobe | Canva et al.Vimeo where the images + video are available to use based on your payment subscription. Create your content then pin to Pinterest if you like and then create your shuffles - at this point you have paid to use those images so I can't see how copyright issues would be a problem. A problem could arise if you use random photos from the internet and then begin creating Shuffles with them exporting them to your website and magazine.

I hope that helps a little bit? Copyright Issues are so muddied its very difficult to know who created what - I often see photos that I have paid to use from Adobe Stock but I have to remember that other people have memberships with Adobe too. 

Lisa.

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Since Shuffles pulls images from Pinterest I looked at their Terms of Service and Copyright policy.  Here's what I found:

(From Terms of Service)

How Pinterest and other users can use your content

You grant Pinterest and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on Pinterest solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using Pinterest. Nothing in these Terms restricts other legal rights Pinterest may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content, or change the way it’s used in Pinterest, for any reason. This includes User Content that we believe violates these Terms, our Community Guidelines, or any other policies.

Here's Pinterest's copyright policy:

https://policy.pinterest.com/en/copyright

@hellosunnydaykids  To be safe (though it would be more work), you could always jot down the source of each image you use on your shuffles and when you download the shuffle to use off the app, post the sources below.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for helping @thehalcyonhive @bodymindmood ! Maybe I'll put Shuffles to use, I've had it for a while and yet to give it a go.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive 

Just a thought....What you said above would apply so long as the Shuffles created stay within the app (the images used to create the Shuffles) but once that Shuffle or Collage goes off Shuffles or platform the above would no longer apply and more to the point wouldn't apply if the content was created by the user who has rights to use the images.

Thoughts?

Lisa

0 Kudos
hellosunnydaykids
Just visiting

Hi, Thanks so much for your input @thehalcyonhive  @bodymindmood I really appreciate the information. Using my Canva subscription is a great idea:) I think Lisa makes a good point...once it's off Pinterest, I will be held responsible for the images I've used. Copying down the resources and giving credit is a good solution (as it's always great to give credit anyway) but I wonder...has anyone ever had an issue with posting an image on a blog even with credit given? 

Thank so much!

Robin

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellosunnydaykids @thehalcyonhive @michaelbliss 

Hi 

In answer to your question about an image on a blog not to my knowledge but I would imagine it does happen.

Lisa

1 Kudo
hellosunnydaykids
Just visiting

Thanks Lisa:)

1 Kudo