Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Rich Pins - no meta data being pulled in

hotRecipesUk
Labels (3)

Hi, 

I'm attempting to create a rich pin and the documentation is difficult to follow, I am creating a pin and then saving via url, but it is not detecting my meta data which is in the format of jsonLD (no mention that you support this in the docs??) It works because I have previously used this method but I cannot find the validator anymore?? Why is it so difficult???

Thanks

1 Kudo
3 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @hotRecipesUk, welcome to the PBC! 

Currently, the validator is no longer necessary to for the creation of Rich Pins. Rich Pins sync info for recipes, articles or products from your website directly to your Pins. You'll only need to add the correct meta tags to your website pages. 

In order to receive the metadata on your Pins, you can create the Pin by clicking the "Save from URL" button in the Pin creation process. After adding your link, you can publish the Pin without adding no other information. When viewing the Pin, you'll see the Rich Pin information has been automatically pulled from your website. Please see here for more information on creating a rich Pin.

F
eel free to contact us if you have any further questions! 😊

0 Kudos
SatoshiLibrary

I do not mean to be word removed per Community Guidelines, but your reply is vague and unhelpful.

Currently, the validator is no longer necessary to for the creation of Rich Pins. Rich Pins sync info for recipes, articles or products from your website directly to your Pins. - the sync isn't working , we need help debugging, that's why we're here.
You're supposed to help us trouble shoot by providing possibe bugs with screenshots

You'll only need to add the correct meta tags to your website pages. - they were were working fine with the validator, what changed, what did you remove that we need to add on our websites for it to work now? your sentence can be translated as figure this out by yourselves

In order to receive the metadata on your Pins, you can create the Pin by clicking the "Save from URL" button in the Pin creation process. - where is the save url?we need to upload an image for this to work first - doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of rich pins

After adding your link, you can publish the Pin without adding no other information. - we never get to this part- because the above info is vague

When viewing the Pin, you'll see the Rich Pin information has been automatically pulled from your website. Please see here for more information on creating a rich Pin.

please try to set this up on wordpress site, and provide a step-by-step walkthrough

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @SatoshiLibrary  and welcome to the PBC!

If the sync is not working for you, I would recommend checking if you have all of the necessary meta tags for the Rich Pin placed on the page you're trying to Pin. You can find the necessary meta tags per Rich Pin type in this article.  If you do have all of the meta tags necessary and your Pin is still not showing the required information, please file a ticket to our team who will be able to diagnose and figure out what's going on with your account. 

Bear in mind that, with the Validator, you still needed to have the meta tags present on your website pages in order to be able to validate it and create Rich Pins. We've made this process simpler by only needing the Pinners to have the meta tags on their website in order to be able to create Rich Pins.

You can create a Rich Pin by following the normal Pin creation flow. On your Pinterest account, go to Create > (organic) Create Pins > Save from URL.

After that, you can add your link and select an image. In this process, you don't need to upload an image, since the link you'll add will provide images from the website (that is, if you have them on your website). After adding the image, you can click on Publish without adding any further information to your Pin. 

Then, if you check your Pin, you'll see it has the information you provided in the meta tags.

I hope this clarified. Let us know if we can help you further!

0 Kudos