Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Random Account Suspension

BryannaVPH
Just visiting

Has anyone else started experiencing random account suspensions? One of our client's accounts became suspended last night, and I noticed in another group- someone else experienced the same thing. It is for Spam activity- and we are very cautious of spreading pins out via URLs.

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice  Is there another overactive Spam Filter issue going on? Is there any way to look into this further? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
greatwdwtips
Just visiting

@BryannaVPH - this just happened to one of my clients as well tonight.  Neither of us were in his account at the time - although I was in his Tailwind account scheduling some pins as I always do.  In this case, I was using Tailwind Create and then went over to communities to look for some relevant content to add as well.  After pinning just 4 pins (2 using TC, and 2 from communities - only after clicking through on them to make sure they were not spam) - I suddenly got kicked out of TW with the message I needed to reconnect his Pinterest account.  It was at that point apparently that his account was suspended.  Like you, I am overly cautious to make sure I always follow the rules of both platforms and have been pinning for years for myself and my clients without issue until tonight.  

0 Kudos
BryannaVPH
Just visiting

UGh. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with it too. Our client's account has since been reinstated, with an explanation from Pinterest, that it was "their mistake".  Be sure to appeal the suspension, if you haven't yet already.

We also noticed last week that Tailwind's intervals when scheduling, are glitching out and are suggesting dates that are 2-5 months out. As a result last week, we started using the Optimized button for intervals- which turned out to be a big mistake, as this will add an additional time slot to the schedule in Tailwind. We were quickly notified that Tailwind recommends 25 pins or under per day. We typically keep our clients at 20 time slots per day on average, but when we started using the Optimize button it began adding more and more to our schedule. 

All of this to say, be sure to keep your pins per day at 25 or under. We had to do a lot of rearranging and fixing in clients' accounts. 

Good luck! I hope you get your account reinstated soon!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@BryannaVPH  

You can file an appeals ticket for your account here: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact?current_page=about_you_page&appeals=account_suspension

Hope that helps!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tailwind tagging you in here just as an FYI. 

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Thank you! We are aware of and working on that glitch that requires people to use a workaround for intervals. Hopefully will be fixed soon!

Bryanna, I'm very happy your account was restored.

AND I apologize for the hassle with that glitch!

~ Alisa

1 Kudo