Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest pulling a second (incorrect) image from our website.

gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

One of the (many) issues we're having with Pinterest is with Rich Pins. In the example below (first image) we have pinned the photo on the left (the one with the blueish top and bottom frame). This item seems to be retrieving the rich pin data as it has the description, pricing, and rating info. link to pin on Pinterest 

However, Pinterest has added a second image from our website alongside it. link to item on our website The second image is being pulled from the small, lower-resolution thumbnails below the main photo on our website (see the second image below). The microdata (schema.org) is marking each thumbnail with an ImageObject that references a higher resolution of the photo. And each thumbnail also has a data-pin-media attribute that points to a higher-resolution photo with the frame on it. Neither of those is getting pulled as the second image. And we're not sure why a second image is getting pulled at all. Most pins are not doing this.

Has anyone run across anything like this? Any ideas on how to solve this?

gryphonsmoon_0-1665605843281.png

1 Kudo
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

Hi there I just read your post and be honest I am not sure that this can be resolved here in the community so I am tagging @PinterestJoan one of the community Managers to see if this can be reported to the right team who would be more able to help you with this issue.

I'm sorry I'm not able to help more but I trust that getting you to the right team is a good first step.

I would also ask that you allow the Manager time to review the problem.

Lisa

1 Kudo
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Thank you. I appreciate it. We've been trying to get help via Pinterest support, but...

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

No worries if the Manager is able to move your support need to the right team then she will - it can be hard especially when the issue is unique (not common).

Lisa

0 Kudos
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Still nothing on this problem. Nothing from support other than they will investigate it. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

Hi there I am going to tag one of our managers and support to see if someone can assist you - please make sure to keep your ticket number handy in case they need it.

@PinterestJazmin @PinterestSupport is there any way to find out what the possible issue could be?

Lisa

0 Kudos
sofst1

Hey, this is happening to use too. When Someone Pins something directly from our site it pulls in all the other images on the page which aren't necessarily related to the article. Have you had a response on how to fix the issue yet?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sofst1 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post I am sorry you are having this issue.

This is definitely something for @PinterestSupport to have a look at.

Please file a ticket and if possible share a photo of what is happening when someone pins something from your site. Unfortunately, here on the PBC we are not able to deal with technical issues which this sounds like it is.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

0 Kudos