Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

One Thing I Discovered About Idea Pins

ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

In looking around at the Idea Pins Help Page, I discovered that just like regular pins, they remain on your board indefinitely. I mistakenly thought that they disappeared after a short period, like FB Stories or the defunct Periscope posts.

This is one of the facts that makes creating them worthwhile. I haven't yet, but continuing to look into how they could benefit me.

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @ArtsyCraftery Yes! Your created tab will live on and a great place to show a consistent story via Idea Pins - Vs the saved tab where your boards live. They can benefit you by creating content in the format Pinterest is leading. Play around and let me know how if goes! David

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
16 Replies
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @ArtsyCraftery Yes! Your created tab will live on and a great place to show a consistent story via Idea Pins - Vs the saved tab where your boards live. They can benefit you by creating content in the format Pinterest is leading. Play around and let me know how if goes! David

5 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Is Pinterest phasing out the Saved tab and the Boards feature? 😥

Followed your link and followed some of your boards. I see that you are a Verified Merchant and that you have a shop link in your P profile. From what I can see, in addition to online, you have a brick-and-mortar shop or your products are available at those types of shops.

Is this Verified Merchant program only for sellers of physical products or is there a program for digitals/printables/graphics sellers?

4 Kudos
nutritiontwin
Just visiting

Yes! It's amazing that they're on the boards indefinitely! Do you happen to know where to tag a brand? Thank you! xoxo

3 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hi @ArtsyCraftery  - the Saved tabs and Boards will remain. We add our Idea Pins to a board along with regular pin. You can see Idea Pins in the Create tab and the Board we save to as well. 

We do have a brick and mortar store but that is not required to be verified. You do need to have an ecommerce that you can feed to Pinterest and your site must have clear policies. Here is more on qualifications and how to set up your catalog

Have a great day!

David

6 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Greetings @nutritiontwin - You can tag products (not brands) in your Idea Pins via the mobile app. Create your creative and Idea Pin story -> click stickers -> product -> search pins or you can click ¨use a link¨ and add the link to a retailers product page. Have fun, David

4 Kudos
nutritiontwin
Just visiting

Thank you so much @ideachicretail  ! We were listening to a podcast the other day and they said to tag the brand in order to get the brand's attention as well as Pinterest's attention (Pinterest would like the brand to advertise with them and the brand supposedly can't link to their own page, so a creator is important for this. So it sounds like we misunderstood and should instead tag a specific product. On a slightly different note, we have a brand sponsor, do you happen to know how it works in order to tag them (if this is possible) and where we would say that it's sponsored? Thank you!!!

2 Kudos
nutritiontwin
Just visiting

Hi @ideachicretail ! Have another question-- not sure if you know or not, but is there anything wrong with linking to more than one product in an Idea Pin? Should you limit the amount of products you tag in an idea pin? Thank you in advance! xoxo

The Nutrition Twins, RDNs, CDNs, CFTs provide weight loss & health tips, health coaching, recipes & exercise plans https://www.pinterest.com/nutritiontwin/ 

2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

You can tag a brand with the @mention sticker on Idea Pins 🙂 Unlike when you add product mentions, there isn't a toggle to show that it's a sponsored post. So, I would put that in the notes. Maybe #sponsoredpost but I don't recall seeing any specific direction on this. 

6 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@nutritiontwin You can tag up to 5 products per page and a max of 20 tags per Idea Pin 🙂 

-Tabby

3 Kudos