Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Lower Impressions on Idea Pins ?

bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Hi All!!  Just wonder if anyone is experiencing drastically lower impressions on Idea Pins this month?  I've had GREAT success with Creator Rewards and am working hard to create Idea Pins.  But, geez......my last three posted over the last 72 hours are getting like 100 to 300 impressions???  Just getting discouraged........🙄

Anyone else experiencing this???

Beth

3 Kudos
19 Replies
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I would like a clear explanation please.

My accounts new pins & idea pins literary have 40 impressions since Nov 1st. A total of 10-15 idea pins were created based on the season, and trends I have been encouraged to create. My followers that regularly leave comments on my pins see no activity & this is very frustrating for me. 

1 Kudo
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

To be honest, I recall seeing something last like happening last year around the same time @JanaOMedia and makes sense. More brands are rushing to post and advertise on Pinterest.

Pinterest is always testing new things and trying different ways to distribute organic content, that's for sure. 

My plan for myself and clients is to keep creating, because even if the new content is not getting as many views now, since it's evergreen, it will surface in the future. It may not skyrocket now, but as I've seen happening before, it will come back.

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@terezatoledo - Exactly. Well put. 

1 Kudo
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Me too!!! Not one save for three Idea pins and it looks like right after I posted it, it got shown about 100 times....and then 10 impressions a day since. Pinterest, what is up????

0 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Thanks @JanaOMedia,  makes sense, but bummer for loads of us. So does that mean we should wait until January to have hope of making $$$ ? I am using it as a sign from the Universe to create some classes on teachable.  😍

1 Kudo
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

The response from Pinterest was a little generic and talked about putting out fresh ideas, etc....but I am doing all of that and not spending my time saving other people's pins, which I guess is a new thing - are they really discouraging us from saving other's content???

Pivot, pivot, pivot is what we content creators do best, I guess. Onward and Upward!!!!

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@bethgrushkin - I will never discourage you from doing something as high-leverage as creating courses to sell! Doooooo iiiitttt! 

I create Idea pins for more than just Creator Rewards - so I will keep creating for exactly the reasons @terezatoledo mentioned above. 🙂 

1 Kudo
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

😍Thanks!!!  Yep!!!  It all has a positive effect, even if I am not getting paid directly from Pinterest. 

0 Kudos
VanRoart
Just visiting

Don’t get discouraged maybe 🤷🏻‍♀️ they weren’t your best dig deep you can do it!!! ❤️ VanRoart 

0 Kudos
russofabulous
Just visiting

I am feeling the same way! I post consistently wedding flowers and wedding flower inspiration, no matter the season, and always get saves and views. I’m honestly all set with this CR program. Between the lower and lower payouts and content not getting more than 300 views- definitely time to put my energy elsewhere. After *years* of producing trending content on this platform and only getting compensated for new ideas that would take time to grow like my popular pins. I’ve treated CR like a part time job but not worth it now. 

ps- can we PLEASE get rid of the “like” button on pins? Unless you’re going to start paying us for “likes” 😵💫

0 Kudos