Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Lower Impressions on Idea Pins ?

bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Hi All!!  Just wonder if anyone is experiencing drastically lower impressions on Idea Pins this month?  I've had GREAT success with Creator Rewards and am working hard to create Idea Pins.  But, geez......my last three posted over the last 72 hours are getting like 100 to 300 impressions???  Just getting discouraged........🙄

Anyone else experiencing this???

Beth

3 Kudos
19 Replies
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Very low impressions, & I have been very active with new idea pins, keywords for the holiday season & trends. For me, It has been at least 3-4 days of very slow #s 😏 Is anyone aware of any technical issues??

1 Kudo
mmillerrr15
Posts regularly

Same thing is happening to me too! My theory at least for myself is that the last month my Halloween pins took off, and since the holiday is over Pinterest usage has dropped back down. Hopefully it’ll be back up the closer we get to thanksgiving and December holidays ☺️

2 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

Yes!! I usually pin one Idea Pin a day for the first 10 days of the month.....most of the time there are at least 30 to 40 saves in a day or two......3 of my pins have under 200 impressions and zero saves.  😣

Let's hope it's fixed asap.....I am not posting any new idea pins until it seems to be resolved.  Don't want to waste my content -- which is not seasonal at all. 

Hope yours gets better too!!!

2 Kudos
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Still confused, I have never seen impressions in 100s🙁day 4. 

0 Kudos
sarawatsonim
Just visiting

I replied to another thread that is experiencing the same issues. The last two idea pins in the last 3 days have had barely any views. I usually get thousands over the first 24 hours regardless of the time of year because my content is pretty evergreen. Something weird is going on for sure, so between the lack of views, and the inability to include a link that goes to a corresponding blog post makes Idea Pins not really worth my time anymore. 

3 Kudos
bethgrushkin
Just visiting

I have an email in to Pinterest, but unfortunately that often takes days to get a response. If anyone else hears back, let us know.   Until then, I am putting my time into writing some blog posts. 🙂

2 Kudos
mulberrycolors
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I did the same & I will keep everyone posted If I hear back soon🙌

0 Kudos
taylorgolub
Posts regularly

I had created a topic on this and we have 4 pages of comments from people complaining about the same thing. Pinterest has done nothing to fix this! I can't even get 1 save, it's insane!

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@heatherfarrisco pointed out to me that it's likely related to increased advertising.

In the last week of October, historically, many brands start and increase advertising for their holiday campaigns. So they may be edging some organic content out of the searches. Can be frustrating for those of us that focus on organic, but it is a normal occurrence - happens every year. 

I also am starting to see more standard pins in my feed - and my standard pins are getting better reach again (which I'm happy about!). So again, if Pinterest is giving standard pins more reach, that could impact the reach of our Idea pins, too. 

0 Kudos