Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is there any benefit of having huge number of followers?

vanecastro
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hi Guys! So apparently there are ZERO benefits of having a huge following on Pinterest. I have over 2.4 million organic followers, and check the reach of my pins/idea pins in the attachment. I don't understand what Pinterest is trying to do by limiting our reach? The people who have followed us, have done it for a reason, to see what we share, isn't it so? I haven't had this problem with any other social media platform except for Pinterest. I know they are running their own ads and want to generate as much revenue as possible but limiting the reach of influencers/creators is not a good choice. It will only discourage them to make content and eventually they will put their energies on other social media where their content is appreciated. Everytime you reach out to them, they will say everything looks fine, its just the algorithm, bla bla bla. Come on guys, everyone knows there is someone sitting on the other side of the algorithms who is deciding how the algorithm should work. I am really disappointed! Hope they change something before everyone leaves to other platforms. @Anonymous 

P.S: Those are my stats with 2.4 Million Followers

12 Kudos
20 Replies
gashamodotcom
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestJazmin Thanks for looking into the problem! This is my account link https://www.pinterest.ca/gashamodotcom/

1 Kudo
vanecastro
Just visiting

@PinterestJazmin Are you looking into this? Didn't hear back from you.

1 Kudo
shoaibumehdi
Posts regularly

So @PinterestJazmin you just ignored us like everyone! What a shame

1 Kudo
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience! I’ve passed your information along to our team internally so they could review your accounts individually. Rest assured you are not being ignored. I recommend reaching out once more to the support team by filing a new ticket and continue working with them so they can review your accounts. @vanecastro @shoaibumehdi @gashamodotcom 

In the meantime, we encourage creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. We encourage new publishing over Saving others' or your own already-pinned content to repurpose it in new formats. In general, when you publish content on Pinterest you can expect that it may be distributed to your followers, but as you create high quality, inspiring content that resonates with Pinners, it has the potential to be distributed more broadly in home feed as well as other surfaces on our platform (related pins, search, etc). Given this, you should not expect the same performance from all content that is published. Instead, we recommend experimenting with Idea Pins when you create content, related interests, and adding your own spin on our creative best practices to see what works to ensure you are maximizing your reach. 

Over time as you create content that Pinners love and engage with, you have potential to build an on- platform audience which may result in higher impression volume and viewership on future content.  One of the best ways to build an audience on Pinterest is to publish Idea Pins.  Learn more about Ideas Pins on the Help Center. 

1 Kudo
shoaibumehdi
Posts regularly

@PinterestJazmin Thanks again for looking into this! Filling ticket is most useless thing because the support totally automatic and I have never receive any human reply, all they do copy paste the premade replies which is totally useless. I open ticket on weekly basis to solve the problems but thing is its useless because as I mention.

You are saying the same thing which we believe the way should be but the problem is these are just easy to say. I am on the platform since since 2012 and I know how the distribution work. But its totally useless to create new and original content as you already know you account is restricted by the officials so the Pinterest partners gets the most of the platform engagements. 2.7m followers and not even 10 of my followers seeing my content. I know all the pins didn't perform same but atleast they should get something close to my followers and reach not just zero! All my new content are zero, which is frustating!

1 Kudo
vanecastro
Just visiting

@PinterestJazmin  Thank you for taking the time to look into it. I want to quote one sentence that you wrote above, "when you publish content on Pinterest you can expect that it may be distributed to your followers"; so does it mean that there is no benefit of having followers on Pinterest cuz normally your followers should see what you share, thats the whole point of following someone, isn't it? Or is it the policy of Pinterest to restrict creators from reaching their followers and keep all the control in its hands? 

3 Kudos
shoaibumehdi
Posts regularly

@PinterestDavid @alisammeredith Can you help with this? @PinterestJazmin is not responding and ignoring! Its more than a week and I didn't saw anyone contacting us about the issue and fixation. Simply giving some false hope and some automated clarification.

1 Kudo
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Hi there! I want to address your initial question - "Is there any benefit of having huge number of followers?"

Normally, yes. Accounts with large followings tend enjoy more saves than smaller accounts, which can lead to increased distribution, traffic, etc.

@PinterestJazmin , as always, gave great advice. Contact support. Yes, you may get an automatic reply at first, but you can always use the option to let them know that didn't address the issue.

If you'd like others in the community to have a look, please include a link to your profile. Otherwise, we can't begin to offer assistance. You might also want to start a new thread and retire this one, since the initial question doesn't really get to the issue, which is "Why is my large account getting so little engagement?" 

2 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@vanecastro Hi! I’m just curious, are those stats from regular pins or idea pins? I’ve def noticed that my regular pins get almost no attention, while idea pins are certainly favored ….I’ve basically stopped posting regular pins as a result  

However, overall engagement had def been down all month. Not sure if it is bc it’s Jan or if there is something to it for creators.

thanx for your comment. This “game” can be very frustrating as algorithms change etc…

Laura  

1 Kudo
vanecastro
Just visiting

@alisammeredith I don't see anything great about the advice cuz it doesn't solve the problem at hand, limited reach of creators/influencers. I have reached out multiple times but every time they send the "email template" saying everything is good on their side, just make great content, bla bla bla. I have been doing it long enough but zero improvement. 
The policy of limiting influencer's and creator's reach, to increase ad revenue, won't work, it didn't work for other platforms and its definitely not gonna work for you as well. I have 2.4 million followers and guess how many of my followers my posts reach? hardly 100, yes hundred people. Thats 0.004%. Unacceptable.

I really love Pinterest and miss the days when you would see the content from people you follow and not what Pinterest feeds you. I hope some sensible person from the administration will realise it and stop this policy of censorship.

2 Kudos