Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea pins still pulling in old product descriptions from url

hoistandhalyard
Labels (3)

I created some idea pins for products on my website. I see that although you have the option to add a description when creating the pin, the pin automatically pulls in the product copy from the url. However, when I updated the product copy recently, the idea pins still feature the original descriptions. I tried editing the descriptions manually, but hey revert to what was originally pulled in from the url. Is there any way to fix this without having to create all new idea pins? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi there @hoistandhalyard, welcome to the PBC! I’d love to help out with this.

Do you mind sharing a Pin link as an example?  

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you! 

0 Kudos
hoistandhalyard

Hi there, apologies for the late reply! I went back into my page and the issue seems to have resolved itself 🤷‍♂️. But I found something else strange with the description that maybe you can help explain. Here is an example link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1003036148239469452/

When viewing the pin, the description is correct. But in the pin editor, the description field is completely blank (see screenshot). Is this normal behavior? I didn't know if the pin was pulling the description properly from my site or I had to enter it manually. Thoughts? 

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 7.39.41 AM.png

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @hoistandhalyard!

Thank you for sharing the Pin link with me. I'm glad to know that the issue has been fixed!

I took a look at the Pin and can say that what you are experiencing its expected behavior, since the Pin is getting the automatic information from the website.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions! 😀

0 Kudos