Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This?

bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

If your reading this and would like to add some more tips and tricks to encourage Pinterest ❤️ please feel free to share, I think its safe to say that we all have some great tips and tricks when it comes to using Pinterest.

Some things to consider when starting out on Pinterest and looking to grow your Pinterest Business Account👇🏻

1. First things first, Pinterest is what many Expert Pinterest Users consider a Slow Burn. What does that mean? It means that it takes time to grow on Pinterest. Many people expect that their new Pinterest Business Account will take off the moment they have posted their first pin but often a new Pinterest Business Account will take time to grow, evolve and produce.

When I first started using Pinterest circa. 2008 it was very much a follow and be followed platform and working online wasn’t a ´thing´ yet. Personally, I never had any numbers expectations when I first started using Pinterest for my business, perhaps because I was learning how to use the platform in a different way Business vs. Personal use.

2. For any Pinterest User Account & Board Organization Is Key. Keeping your account and boards organized on Pinterest is perhaps one of the most overlooked items when planning and preparing for Pinterest ❤️ and growth. I have always stressed the importance of having a Secret Personal Board or two for all your personal likes and saves. Having a business account is great on Pinterest but not when one is sharing their personal favorite mascara hacks, messy bun pins or a favorite sports car pick and you have a Graphic Design business or your a  Marketing Professional. If Pinners don’t understand your visual message then they won’t be able to understand what you do or what you want them to do or worse what your asking for.

I am a CPT & Fitness Coach and many of the boards I have created are specifically related to fitness and health in addition to my target market. I have three Secret Personal Boards where I pin my favorite pins and these are boards only I can see and pin to (Secret). In addition to organizing pin content, I also created Board Covers using Canva to add some life and interest to my public boards, encouraging more Pinterest ❤️.

3. Its all about pinning consistently with fresh homemade content and keywords to wet the Pinterest Algorithms Appetite! There is nothing that Pinners here on Pinterest love more than fresh content that is pinned consistently. Consider using Idea Pins (Pinterest´s latest 📌 creation tool) you can absolutely let your creative side shine through while growing your Pinterest Business Account. Just like reaping the benefits of fresh consistent content if your not pinning regularly prepare to watch your numbers come down and don’t blame the Algorithm.

I recently moved with my family and really didn’t have the time to create and share, but the moment I stopped pinning my content and more specifically for me Idea Pins my numbers instantly started to go down, it was a long line down to the bottom of the graph (I was tired when I got to the bottom). While I am currently building my numbers back up it is clear to me that if you don’t consistently create and pin 📌 fresh content it will definitely impact your analytics here on Pinterest.

4. 📢 Sing it from every corner of the internet I Am On Pinterest Please Follow Me nameofpinterestbusiness Its the proverbial if you don’t ask you don’t get. If you are looking to grow your following here on Pinterest (everyone loves to get followers) then ask. If your creating content that you post here on Pinterest in addition to other Social Media Accounts then create a Call To Action and ask for the Follows & Love ❤️. When creating content consider what you want your viewers to do after they have watched. The rules around Follows | Likes | Loves & Saves have changed its okay to ask for what you want.

Lisa

20 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@elainetimmscreative 

Hi there 👋🏻 Glad your here at the PBC!

Thank you for your support on this topic it’s so nice to know that you and others can see the importance of some of the tips I mentioned.

If you have any suggestions you want to share please do I love when we all share ideas 💡 

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
27 Replies
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Great suggestions, Lisa. I especially appreciated you sharing your personal experiences!

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith Thank You for your support it is much appreciated. I am hoping for some other input as I know people have lots of tips and tricks where growing is concerned. Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmoodThank you for this, Lisa! Great ideas you have! I like how you said to sing it from every corner

2 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bodymindmood wow these are such great tips! Thanks for including your own personal examples, I'm sure others can relate to transitioning from personal to business use. 

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss @PinterestJazmin My pleasure glad you liked them support is always appreciated 🙏🏻 I could have written more but I wanted to see what others thought.

I like the idea of singing rather than announcing 😊

Lisa

3 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

LOVE these tips @bodymindmood!  

Having optimized boards is key to getting your pins in front of the right people! 

I'll add a few onto the list too... ☺️

1. Embrace change!  When a new feature rolls out, try it out a lot of times you will see great results from it.

2. Don't neglect your website SEO.  Your metadata gets pulled through when people pin from your website, so make sure you have your keywords/interests on your website too! Pins rank higher when the content is tied to a specific keyword or interests.  Have the keyword(s) in the image file name, blog title, page seo, pin title, description, etc. 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive @Love This ❤️

Thank You 🙏🏻 

I really ❤️ Embrace Change I think you have hit the nail on the head I know that a lot of people struggle with Change especially on Social Media but I think it’s really important when growing your business account. There are some really amazing new tools 🧰 especially here on Pinterest that can make any business account shine.

Lisa

2 Kudos
elainetimmscreative
Just visiting

@bodymindmood Great tips! Thank you for sharing your insight. A lot of what you said is exactly my experience too as a Pinterest manager 🙂

Cheers,

Elaine

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@elainetimmscreative 

Hi there 👋🏻 Glad your here at the PBC!

Thank you for your support on this topic it’s so nice to know that you and others can see the importance of some of the tips I mentioned.

If you have any suggestions you want to share please do I love when we all share ideas 💡 

Lisa

3 Kudos