Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to get Followers for Smaller accounts

143Pins
Just visiting

Hi all, I have a small account with less than 80 followers and I was wondering what I can do to up the follow count. 

I post regularly and I creat new content. I also make sure to find out what got more views and why and use that to my advantage. Any tips to help my account grow? @143Pins 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @143Pins! Lots of really smart questions here. And BIG ones! I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. 

How do I get an email list? 

The basic answer to this is that you can a) create a "lead magnet" - which is something valuable that you give away for free - in exchange for people's emails and the permission to stay in touch with them via email. Most people I know start by creating a simple PDF like a valuable checklist. 

And who should I be targeting? and how do I do that without selling a product? 

That will be up to you, of course (like everything is when you're an entrepreneur!). Keep in mind that it's soooooo normal NOT to be very clear on this in the beginning.

Over time, as you see who responds well to your content, you figure out who exactly you want to help and impact with your content, etc... it becomes more clear. But it does usually take time to discover this. (And honestly, even people who have been in business and creating content for years... we still are always getting more clarity around this. It's an ongoing process!) 

I hope this helps kickstart your research on these topics! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@143Pins, this is a great question for this forum! It sounds like you’re off to a great start, too. 

I recently answered a question (about how to grow your followers) over on this thread (below) - and I think it will help you! 

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/how-to-grow/m-p/37670#M1840 

Also, this entry on the Pinterest blog is also a great resource. Check it out: 

https://business.pinterest.com/en-us/blog/how-to-build-audience-pinterest/ 

enjoy! Hope these help! 

1 Kudo
143Pins
Just visiting

Hi, @JanaOMedia I just check out your post and its really helpful!

But I was having some questions about this part:

4) Share your pins & boards with your larger audience.

Don't sleep on this! It will make a big difference & give you momentum! Email your list... Let social media followers know what you're pinning about... Link to pins and boards... Use boards to enhance your free content... (e.g. a 5-day challenge you're running.)

How do I get an email list? And who should I be targeting? and how do I do that without selling a product? 

My content is a bit of everything. It includes fashion, some food, landscapes and DIY creations. I will try and do some research on my own but it would be great if you pointed me in the right direction on how to share my pins to the larger audience!

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @143Pins! Lots of really smart questions here. And BIG ones! I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. 

How do I get an email list? 

The basic answer to this is that you can a) create a "lead magnet" - which is something valuable that you give away for free - in exchange for people's emails and the permission to stay in touch with them via email. Most people I know start by creating a simple PDF like a valuable checklist. 

And who should I be targeting? and how do I do that without selling a product? 

That will be up to you, of course (like everything is when you're an entrepreneur!). Keep in mind that it's soooooo normal NOT to be very clear on this in the beginning.

Over time, as you see who responds well to your content, you figure out who exactly you want to help and impact with your content, etc... it becomes more clear. But it does usually take time to discover this. (And honestly, even people who have been in business and creating content for years... we still are always getting more clarity around this. It's an ongoing process!) 

I hope this helps kickstart your research on these topics! 

0 Kudos