Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to build your audience on Pinterest 📈

PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

digital_medium-GettyImages-699094207-with-Screen.jpg

Hey Creators! Wanted to share this new blog post from our business site on best practices for building an engaged audience on Pinterest. Learn how to be successful and build a highly engaged audience that values your content.  

To read the blog post click HERE!

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the blog! What are your main takeaways? Let us know in the comments. 

4 Kudos
12 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

My thoughts?

Pinterest is NOT helping our audience connect with us. You are taking away "tried it" images, and you do not allow us to link back to our site with Idea Pins, which are the only things getting impressions these days.

Bloggers/Content Creators are getting complaints from our audience that we are not including a link in the idea pins, because that is what they expect to be able to do. 

The Pinterest Platform is built on the backs of bloggers and content creators, who supply the content, yet Pinterest won't actually listen to the content creators and what they need.

Sorry for the soapbox, but Pinterest is burning bridges with bloggers right now.

9 Kudos
littlediyyoutube
Just visiting

Why ?? Why build audience or follow someone on Pinterest when u never get to see their pins?? MY homepage is only filled with idea pins from random accounts I don't even follow. So where do I see pins from people I follow? When you follow someone on instagram, facebook, youtube  you first see posts from people you follow on your home feed, then they have extra tabs for reels or shorts or stories. But pinterest home feed is a mess. Kindly create a separate tab for idea pins and leave the home feed to see pins from people I actually follow. 

7 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi:

Thanks for the sharing the post.

I read through the post this morning, and I thought it was helpful.

I have been using Pinterest Idea Pins more and more and they definitely do help my engagement.

I also use Pinterest to announce new Blog Posts or share fitness articles that I find that are full of great information.

As a blogger I actually have been using Flipboard where I submitted an application to become a Publisher | Curator of my content and that has helped my website more specifically my Blog get noticed and used. I think that we have to remember that Pinterest is visual and that many of the people who come to Pinterest seeking ideas want to see it rather than read it. That said I have put my reading content in a place where people actually do read and use Idea Pins to share a workout or a specific exercise in video, I have also found that not having a link on the Idea Pins has not affected people's interaction with me as a creator on Pinterest what it does tell is who is really interested in what I post and share and who isn't - I have said this a number of times if people really want to engage they will find a way even the people who are in some cases lazy when it comes to taking action on an Idea Pin. 

On Instagram I have discovered content you want really is down to who you follow and in some cases who they follow so I did an IG cleanse and dumped all the followers who have no interest in Fitness who don't engage regularly and who by and large lurk that has done wonders for my IG Analytics.

I am just sharing my thoughts - what's works for one person doesn't work for everyone but I can honestly say that using Flipboard has helped immensely when it comes to getting my blog posts read. When it comes to getting people interested in my fitness world...hehe Pinterest has helped a lot re the Idea Pins.

Lisa

2 Kudos
littlediyyoutube
Just visiting

Instead of creating idea pins, I would rather create reels or shorts on YouTube because when someone follows me the next time I post something they will see my content on their home feed unlike Pinterest where the home feed is filled with just random pins from accounts you don't even follow. I really hope Pinterest creates a separate tab for idea pins like Instagram or YouTube has for reels or shorts.  And I really dint know about flipboard, thank you so much. I will signup for it right away. 

6 Kudos
DaisyBohoo
Just visiting

This may be old news to some but for me it was a blessing, as I fumble my way around pinterest. Thank you!

More tips please! I gained over 10 million monthly views and now its dropped to 5.7 million and dropping every few days. I have no idea what I have done wrong??

Any ideas?

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@littlediyyoutube @DaisyBohoo 

I am glad I could help a little.....

I really sat down and went through what kind of social media I needed given the age of my audience 40+ and I needed to wake up to the fact that certain social media was not good for me or my business when it came to reading so I went where the readers are Flipboard

The other reason for doing this is the Fitness Niche is so saturated that if you scroll too fast you will get dizzy and that happens on all social media with Fitness.

The Video link above will give you an idea of what it looks like - I have just started like a month ago so still making changes RSS Feed Analytics through the roof .... Love It!

Glad it helps Lisa

1 Kudo
DaisyBohoo
Just visiting

Thank you! I have not used Flipboard! I will take a look. 😃

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestJazmin @littlediyyoutube @littlediyyoutube to get an idea of what you can do on Flipboard check out my new Idea Pin on Flipboard:

Idea Pin on Flipboard

I can also add my writing to my addition in my magazine.

Lisa

1 Kudo
littleshinepage
Just visiting

nothing u did, even I'm going through the same. Pinterest is just trying to be another tik tok, there is only idea pins everywhere on home feed on search tab, through which u will get followers that's it. The standard pins do not get any views or shares anymore. I have 109,000 followers still no views on any of my standard pins. Why do i need followers when it doesn't benefit me in anyway. Don't think so pinterest is any help for creators anymore unless they come up with something new or at least listen to what creators have to say.

3 Kudos