Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How many Pinterest boards is ideal to have?

nourison
Just visiting

Good Morning everyone! Does anyone know what the ideal number of Pinterest boards are to have? I am an advocate of quality vs quantity and wanting to focus more on curating boards, but I often get pressure to just increase/drive impressions, so I've been asked to create a board for every rug collection we have which are in the hundreds and I don't agree with this tactic. I think the excess number of boards have become overwhelming. Any thoughts? I'm guessing 50 would seem like a healthy amount of boards but 200+ seems like way too much. 

2 Kudos
7 Replies
tailwind
Loves to help

You're right!!  The suggestion that you create a Board for each collection also suggests that they may want you to name each Board by the collection name. NOOOOO. Rather, create Boards for the different styles of rugs they offer, and maybe also by color or other important attribute. Think search, not catalog. 

2 Kudos
kinderdiytrends
Posts regularly

That's very helpful, thanks @tailwind 😀

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

You're very welcome 🙂 

~ Alisa

2 Kudos
nourison
Just visiting

Thank you for confirming my thoughts! If you also know how many boards is ideal let me know! I have found when there are too many boards if I am searching for a board I have to constantly keep scrolling before I can even type into search what I am looking for, as it will only search what is on the screen. I also think anyone that comes to our page will have a hard time scrolling through endless boards as well!

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

You're welcome! Most people don't browse a profile - they'll usually find your Pins via a search or in their feed. There isn't really an ideal number - it depends on the variety of content you create and how many ways you might want to present it. Sounds like you have good PINstincts though 🙂

~ Alisa

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tailwind Love the pun addition, Alisa!!

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Haha. Sometimes I can't help myself.... 🙂 

~ Alisa

1 Kudo