Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

drastic decline in stats on Pinterest and GA

Labels (3)

My account the past 7 days has seen a drastic decline in stats. I know my account has to be caught in a filter of some kind. I know that trends do decline. But nothing like this has ever happened to my account. From nearly 165K impressions a day to 45K is not an ebb and flow of the platform. I contribute daily fresh new content to the platform. I do video, static, and idea pins. I understand the spamming guidelines. I have been at this game for a long time. So I understand trends too. But this is not that.  Something has happened to my account. I have sent a support ticket but cannot get any resolution. How can I get help?

@PinterestRob  @pinterestmx @pinterestde @BTLPinterest 

everydayfamilycooking_0-1685108904375.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
veronikalipar
Loves to help

Nothing happened to your account. My impressions dropped from 10+M to merely 6M. It's just that time of the year. And our content is bad.

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @everydayfamilycooking! Thank you for your question about impressions and viewers. 

Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. Often times, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners.

Just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. We encourage creators to continue to post high-quality, inspiring ideas to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest.

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with!

0 Kudos

@PinterestIvaniaThis is not a natural ebb and flow at this point. I have been using Pinterest for years and understand where the ebbs and flows fall and that sometimes things can fall slightly.

This has brought my traffic from Pinterest from 3K sessions a day to a mere 200-375 sessions a day -- and also during a holiday weekend that is very large for food bloggers like myself.

I am now unable to find ANY of my pins in the search feature. I have recipes that are rare to find on Pinterest (and Google) and even those pins are nowhere to be found with irrelevant content being mentioned in the searches.

In addition, my readers have been complaining that they cannot pin from my site to Pinterest because of an error on the URL. I have tried on desktop and mobile and get this same error. I have attached the screenshot of the error on mobile and desktop.

I have talked to my hosting to ensure this is not an issue on their side already and they have confirmed everything is set up correctly.

Pinterest Error on Desktop.png

pinterest issue mobile.jpg

There is something wrong with my account and I would like it to be looked into. I've received the same canned response multiple times and there is something deeper in this situation and would appreciate it if someone would actually look into this.

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @everydayfamilycooking! Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experiences on the community. 

Since this is an account specific issue, what you'll want to do is file a ticket with our support team who will be able to diagnose and figure out the best way to solve this issue.

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime, thank you!

0 Kudos

I have submitted multiple tickets and they keep getting closed with the canned response you responded with the first time, which is why I am trying here.

0 Kudos