Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Board descriptions

amberstudent
Just visiting
Labels (4)

We are pushing new and creative content on a daily basis, and we have had a 40% MoM increase till October, however the impression and monthly views have been dropping ever since. We haven't added the board descriptions yet; I was wondering if someone could guide me with the "what's" and "how" of Pinterest board descriptions. How can I improve my channel's authority by SEO optimising the bio description, board description and pin description? Do hashtags work if we add them in the description?

1 Kudo
1 Reply
PinterestIvania

Hi @amberstudent, and welcome to the Community!

The best way to optimize your Pins for SEO is by using keywords!

Keywords can help you increase your reach on Pinterest. This helps users find content that matches exactly what they’re looking for. Depending on the time and topic, some keywords get thousands of searches per day. You can find out which keywords are being frequently used on Pinterest now on the trends page here!

The Pinterest trends page is a great way to understand what Pinterest users are searching for and can help you find the best keywords to use on your Pins.

In order to get discovered, you can use relevant keywords on your Pin and boards’ titles and descriptions, as well as on your Pinterest profile bio!

You can also check out these 2 articles authored by our Pioneers that shares tips & tricks on SEO:

"How to Use Keywords on Pinterest" by @jenvazquezmedia 
"How to Search Engine Optimize (SEO) Your Pinterest Account with Keywords" by @BestFunGifts

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with!

2 Kudos