Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

[Announcement] New Pinterest Shopping features and partnerships

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shopping List US Static.png

Today, we're unveiling several new shopping features and partnerships giving Pinners the opportunity to shop from Pins, on boards and in search. Check out what we've rolled out below! ⬇️

📝Shopping List, a brand new feature that enables shoppers to save their shopping pins in one place, making it easier for them to come back and shop the items when they’re ready to buy. Pinners will get notified once they're alerted of an incoming good deal. This is now available in the US and UK, and the feature will roll out to Canada, France, Australia and Germany later this year so stay tuned! 🔜

🛍The Goods by Pinterest,” a two week shopping highlight that gives Pinners access to products exclusively sold through Pinterest from brands. Some of these brands include Outdoor Voices, Olive and June, and Lucy and Yak. Check out their Pinterest pages to see what they've got available!

🌎Following the global expansion of our partnership with Shopify, we're excited to announce that the Verified Mechant Program will now be available in the UK, Australia, Canada, France and Germany! This also includes the rollout of the shop tab on profile as well as product tagging, now available in Australia, France, Canada and Germany. 

Be sure to check out our Newsroom to read more about all all these exciting new shopping updates! 

4 Kudos
8 Replies
yourdreamstrategist
Just visiting

Hi there!  I'm new to the community and I apologize if you've answered this question, but is there timing, or plan, to open these features to digital products?

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @yourdreamstrategist 

Welcome to PBC!  You can definitely upload your catalog of digital products and even become a verified merchant!

What digital products do you sell?  And what website platform is your shop on?  If it's not on Shopify, you may need to manually set up your catalog.  But it's possible!

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @thehalcyonhive!! Also @yourdreamstrategist, be sure to check out our new Spotlight on Shopping, there's a lot of resources there you may find helpful and links to get started. 🙂 

1 Kudo
yourdreamstrategist
Just visiting

Hi @thehalcyonhive!  I tried to do the steps to become a verified merchant and it kept giving me errors.  I thought the error was saying I couldn’t do digital projects, but maybe I misunderstood. I will try again.

0 Kudos
yourdreamstrategist
Just visiting

Thank you both @thehalcyonhive & @PinterestGabby !!! I’ll check out these resources!

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Since services do not qualify on your catalog, it could be your memberships and possibly courses that gave you the error?  There is a Shopping Office Hours coming up next week - this could be a great thing to submit as a question on the form. 

Here are the event details:

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/save-the-date-shopping-office-hours-event/m-p/24262

0 Kudos
KAFIKAFICO

Hey there! 

Could you explain how to setup your catalog manually? I use Squarespace not Shopify. 

0 Kudos
yourdreamstrategist
Just visiting

Hi there!  I'm getting this error for my image_link:  Check for any issues with your image_link values' URL formatting or your hosting site before your next update.

I created an image in Canva and dropped the link in my data source.  That's obviously not correct because I'm getting issues.  So, what is the correct way to do this?  I'm new and there really isn't a lot of information of where this link is supposed to come from. @PinterestGabby @thehalcyonhive 

0 Kudos