Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What are your Pinterest goals for 2021?

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

goals.jpeg

Greetings, PBC! I hope everyone is settling in to the New Year. We've officially entered that time of year when everyone starts talking about goals, resolutions and getting off to a fresh and healthy start. This got me thinking and I couldn't help but wonder... are any of you looking to set goals with how you use Pinterest this year? 

Maybe you're looking at upping your Pin creative?  Perhaps you want to look into some tools to help with scheduling content and getting organized? Or maybe you're wanting to try ads and promote your Pins? How about shopping?  

Wherever you are in your Pinterest journey, we'd love to hear what you're prioritizing in 2021.

What Pinterest goals are you setting this year? 

6 Kudos
17 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby  We have a goal of upping our game with story pins! 

I hope you had a lovely time over the holidays, Gabby! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@simplepinmedia Love that, Tabby!! Can't wait to hear more about your Story Pins journey. Hope you had a wonderful holiday, too! ❤️ 

1 Kudo
songmicsdirect
Just visiting

Hi Gabby,

We would like to hold events on Pinterest, to let more audiences engage with our brand.  

We found some great home decor brands that have been holding great events on Pinterest, such as IKEA.

Can you please provide us some advice about this?

Thank you.

Lynn

1 Kudo
ThePawBrothers
Just visiting

Hi Gabby,  My Pintrest goals for 2021 are to start using story pins and being more active on both my accounts. Also I want start being more creative with my pins and find ways to make them more exciting!

-Eva

1 Kudo
GonchasFashion
Just visiting

Hello Everyone,

I want to share my experience with Pinterest ads and warn potential victims. I have been on Pinterest for the last six years. I run an e-commerce website that gets around 250-350 views per day, organically. A week ago, I decided to give Pinterest ads a try. I ran the ads for four days, spent around $116. I stopped then at the end of 15th December. The results were far from good. As soon as I stopped the advertising, my views plunged. I have never seen such a downfall in any of the previous years. I have shared my analytics screen. The organic traffic that I was getting has become almost zero. Even for the days I was advertising, my organic pins' reach fell, resulting in the same net traffic even though I was running ads. This isn't good that Pinterest limits the reach of anything shared from your domain. They are limiting the organic reach to charge you for every action taken on your pin. It kills the idea of Organic traffic from Pinterest. I really regret running Pinterest ads, and if you are a small-sized business with some organic traffic, please stay away from Pinterest ads until they fix this issue. I hope they will fix this issue. Otherwise, I think it will push so many small businesses away from Pinterest. Also, if someone has a similar experience, please share below. Thank you everyone.

2 Kudos
immotherofthebride
Just visiting

Hello Gaby and HNY.

My goal in Pinterest in 2021 is very simple.  I want to find out why my pins receive between 9 and 18 impressions in a month and have a click through rate of up to over 7% yet you refuse to up my impressions.  I based ny business strategy on my test of Pinterest last summer when I was getting thousands of clicks.  In early September, on a single day, Pinterest took away 90% of my traffic.  My business was ruined.  I now pay Pinterest to show my pins as if I were a big brand but I'm just a blogger trying to get interest in style for older women.  I have followed every piece of advice your support staff have offered including never pinning to more than one of my boards and only publishing pins of my newest content.  That's just led to even less traffic.  

I don't have the money to continue paying for ads.  The course I had ready - based around using Pinterest actually - cannot be launched as my site receives so few clicks now.

So what do you think my chances are of reaching my 2021 goal?

Joni at immotherofthebride.com

1 Kudo
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

hello! story pins and videos will be priority this year for me (for the majority of the accounts I manage). for my own account, I just need to gain the traction I want!! ☺️

2 Kudos
mercedesmsantana
Just visiting

My goal is to create more original pins, test pin stories, and hopefully drive more traffic to my blog passportsandpapers.com!

1 Kudo
divasdelite2000
Just visiting

To not have my account suspended randomly without warning and no prior violations.

To not have my live video pins waiting to be reviewed for 6 hours. 

To not suddenly lose a wave of followers overnight.

To deal with human beings on support as opposed to generic comms messages answering common problems. 

Solve all the above for me and I'm good.  Just trying to grow my blog and make some money. Nothing fancy 

My blog is https://travelgadgetsmusthaves.com 

2 Kudos