Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

[Feedback requested] Help us improve the experience of the PBC!! 🛠

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.15.47 AM.png

TL;DR -- I want to better the experience of the PBC and make sure you are all finding what you need and are getting the most out of this space. Most importantly, I need your feedback!!

Hiya PBC, PinterestGabby here with a favor to ask of this wonderful community. I’m doing some evaluating of the current structure of our community such as the general site navigation and how content and topics are housed in the PBC. I’d LOVE to hear from y’all on your thoughts and if we need to do some rejiggering so it makes more sense. Here’s what I’m hoping to get your feedback on… 

• Is it easy for you to find what you're looking for on the PBC? 
  • Does the site navigation make sense?
  • Which part of the community do you visit the most and why?
  • Are there sections that either don’t make sense or you forget about?
  • How often are you looking at the Resources or Discover tabs? 
  • Anything else we can improve on? 

Appreciate any thoughts, comments or feedback you have on the PBC. Thanks for helping me make this a better experience for you all! 

4 Kudos
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
3 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Knowledge Database:

I would like to see a knowledge database of ongoing and solved issues with easy navigation columns including a keyword (like video, profile, claiming website, impressions, etc.), description of issue, date issue was submitted, status, date issue was solved, satisfactory rating of person who requested help, overall rating of the person tasked with solving the issue, whether the problem reoccured, if the feature was terminated, operating system the issue occurred on,  whether the issue occurred on mac, PC, mobile, or all of the above, link to the issue, link to image or video of issue, and total time to solve the issue. And after a few months, metrics that show how the help desk is doing in resolving the issues, frequency of an issue (like are a 100,000 accounts all having the same problem?), and reoccurrence. I get the sense that many people are at the PBC because the Pinterest Help Desk lacks urgency, transparency, empathy, and accountability for the customers they serve.

Chris

6 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel excellent feedback, Chris. Really appreciate you taking the time to share that. I'll need to take a look at feasibility for keeping an issue log and seeing what integrations are available to us but I really love that idea. Agree that we need more transparency. One of the ways we've been trying to do that is our Product Release Notes series that we started sharing in the Product FAQ -- it's a small win but hoping that will continue to evolve over time, too. 

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

The Verified Merchant program seems to be a rather opaque topic, especially for non-Shopify shop owners. Having more available resources to those who are using other platforms would be super helpful. 

Also, some of my students who have applied were rejected without any guidance as to why from Pinterest, even with abiding by all of the guidelines and emailing support to inquire further. 

Ditto to what Chris said as well 🤓📌

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey!
Totally agree with Chris.
For me, I usually visit PBC for checking news. It is also great that I can ask anything I need for my business, as I can find people who are in the same business with me. We can associate, help each other to grow or solving problems.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby Hi there - I agree with what has been written. I would love to see more networking - non software | app related issues but more information about business et al. Also, I would love to see more ability to personalize our account.

Hope that helps. Lisa

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bodymindmood @AmericanoCrystals @andrealidesigns Thank you, friends! Lisa, you're referring to personalizing your account on the PBC, yes? What would you like to see implemented? Andrea, +1 to the verified merchant topics, sounds like we'll be partnering on that in the very near future... 😉 

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby Yes indeed...🤓📌

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PinterestGabby !

Since I've been hopping in here a little more frequently, I have some thoughts that would make navigation easier...

• Is it easy for you to find what you're looking for on the PBC? 
    • Yes, I like that when I search a term in the search box, it gives me results from ALL forums.
  • Does the site navigation make sense?
    • This is where I get hung up - When I want to post a question or comment, I struggle with which community forum to add it to (i.e. Business Chat, Creator Chat, Support, etc.)
  • Which part of the community do you visit the most and why?
    • There is value in all parts of the community so when I am on here (and I have the time), I click through all of the different forums to see if there is anything new and valuable, or some questions I can answer. But again, it's time-consuming to go through each one - especially when there are overlapping themes or questions.
  • Are there sections that either don’t make sense or you forget about?
    • I don't really see the need for a separate "business chat" and "creator chat".  Creator's are Business owners so this could be merged into one "Lounge"
  • How often are you looking at the Resources or Discover tabs? 
    • I look at those two tabs the least often
  • Anything else we can improve on? 
    • Overall, I think there are probably too many places one can post questions/comments/wins/etc.  I think having a single forum for community questions and support would be much more streamlined. Then leverage the labels so people can group posts by tag (i.e. Verified Merchant, Idea pins, etc.).  
    • I like the "Resources" tab, but think the "getting started" thread could go in there and just eliminate the "discover" tab.  Looking at "community basics", it's just another forum that people are posting questions to.
    • You should keep the "Product FAQ" - I like that there is a place where I can see updates directly from Pinterest without having to search the community forums.
    • It would also be really helpful to have a description at the top of each page that describes what we can find there and how it should be used.  I know you have a post in "getting started", but if people didn't see that, it would help to have it on each page as well!

I hope this was helpful!  🙂

0 Kudos