Hi, i am new here. I am doing digial marketing to our this business website. Someone suggest me to use pinterest to increase traffic for my website. But i don't know what strategies should i adopt to increase my pinterest followers for my business. Any expert can help me in this matter? Your suggestion and recommendations will highly appreciated.
Hi @clvpsy and welcome to the PBC! 😀
We're glad to have you here, you'll be able to find new ways to improve your business on Pinterest.
See below for a few tips to get you started, and be sure to check out our Spotlights to hear from other creators in the community.
📌 Your images
- Use high-quality images. Make sure they’re high resolution pictures that are well-composed and in focus.
- Go for taller Pins. Vertically-oriented Pins look better on mobile screens. The ideal aspect ratio for a Pin is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high).
- Pinners may not read your description, so be sure the image can stand on its own, or add a text overlay to give more context.
📌 Your descriptions
- Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin.
- Write thoughtful, timeless copy. Pins last forever, so avoid descriptions that focus on timely promotional information.
📌 Quality check
- Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results.
- Include thoughtful descriptions of the stuff people save from your website. Learn how to add descriptions to the Save button on your site.
- Use Rich Pins. Rich Pins automatically add more information to your Pins and lead to higher engagement.
You can learn more about creating successful Pins in our creative best practices guide.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
✅ Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.
You'll want to grow your followers naturally with people who are interested in your content. And thinking about how Pinterest 'recommends your account to others' is smart, because it is a search and discovery platform, so thinking about it this way (sometimes we call this 'discoverability' of your account and pins!) will really help you succeed.
I'm going to drop a few links for you to read. This can be the start of your research on this topic!
Pinterest Pioneer @michaelbliss wrote this excellent article about gaining followers: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/feeling-discouraged-trying-to-gain-new-followers-th...
This article from Pinterest is one I read and re-read whenever I'm thinking about growth on the platform - both follower growth and discoverability. It's so helpful: https://business.pinterest.com/en-us/blog/how-to-build-audience-pinterest/
I also wrote this post here in the forum about growth: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/how-to-grow/m-p/37670#M1840
Lastly, this post is a GOLDMINE for anyone who is focusing on growing their Pinterest followers, because it gives you a peek inside the thought processes that many of us have when we’re deciding whether or not to hit that “follow” button.
I hope you enjoy these!