Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tagging a pin scheduled for a later date. (Shop the look)

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help
Labels (4)

When I publish a pin immediately I have the option on the left hand side of the pin picture to apply a picture tag. However if I decide to publish that same pin at later date or time, the option to tag that pin goes away or if I have already tagged, the picture tag disappears. Based on own empirical data for my product (I am an author), pins with tags receive higher clicks to my website. My pins with tags have a "shop the look" button in the left hand corner that if you hover over with the mouse will display a small version of the product tag that a pinner can click on. The pinner then gets to see the product. Sometimes Pinterest even shows the product (one of my books) directly below the original pin.

I would like the ability to schedule pins ahead of time without losing the tag. Why is this important to my product? I post 10-12 pins per day featuring quotes, lyrics, movies, and pictures from my book series. I am not overtly advertising my product. If people like what they see, they often click the tag, which then shows the product. The product as well as the original pin are linked to my website. This strategy has allowed me to grow an audience (2.5 million) that far exceeds my followers (3500). As an author offering free content is a great way for people to get to know you and build a following.

Does anyone know how to tag a pin that is scheduled for a later date?

Note: once a pin is published I can go back and tag it but I'm not convinced that method yields the same click through rate and it requires a second step and the ability to track which pins are untagged.

thanks,

Chris

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestSusana

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel !

Currently, we do not have a feature to tag products when scheduling a pin but we've made a note of this with our product team for consideration.

Let me know if you need anything else!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
6 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice Any ideas on this question?

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice Any ideas on this question?

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel !

Currently, we do not have a feature to tag products when scheduling a pin but we've made a note of this with our product team for consideration.

Let me know if you need anything else!

3 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Thank you.

Chris

0 Kudos
banhamgroup

Hello. Just wondering is there is a solution for this issue. It's still not possible to tag products when scheduling pins. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @banhamgroup, welcome to the PBC! 

Unfortunately is not possible to tag products when scheduling yet, but you can keep a close eye on our Newsroom where we post important updates about the platform. 

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime! 

0 Kudos