Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Should you claim your website on Pinterest?

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi everyone!

I would like talk about claiming our websites on Pinterest. Is it even necessary to do it?

Well, for me this is a perfect way if you are wanting to analyze your top performing pins, and which content is driving the most traffic to your site so that you can create more of it.

If you are serious about your business and want to sell more, obviously you need to reach more people. So, claiming your website on Pinterest really helps you to reach your goal.

How to claim your website on Pinterest?

Before you begin:

Add an HTML tag to your website

An HTML tag is a piece of text that describes a web page's content. You have to add an HTML tag to your website's source code so Pinterest can confirm that you own the website you want to claim. Be mindful that different website hosts have different instructions for accessing their source codes. 

Upload an HTML file to your website

An HTML file contains Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), which is used to format the structure of a webpage. It's stored in a standard text format and contains tags that define the page layout and content of the page, including text, tables, images and hyperlinks. You download this file from Pinterest and upload it to your website's web server. Be mindful that different website hosts have different instructions for uploading HTML files to their HTML code. 

Add a DNS TXT record to your domain host

The Domain Name System (DNS) records contain text information about your website that act as instructions for how the server should respond to a request. You have to add a TXT record to your website’s DNS so Pinterest can confirm that you own the website you want to claim. 

The Domain Name System (DNS) records contain text information about your website that act as instructions for how the server should respond to a request. You have to add a TXT record to your website’s DNS so Pinterest can confirm that you own the website you want to claim. 

Check out this link for more info: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/claim-your-website

3 Kudos
7 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for sharing this!

What are your thoughts about using a link on the profile that isn't the claimed domain? I've seen some account doing this and I was wondering if this would affect the overall account performance (for example, adding a link to a social media profile).

Thanks!

3 Kudos
ALittleNicheShop1
Just visiting

I was wondering the same thing too for selling platforms such as Etsy. 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@terezatoledo Thank you for your question, I think it's fine to use social media links on Pinterest profile for people who just start their business or who doesn't have a website. If you want to drive more traffic to your other social media accounts you can do it. But for professional users it is better to claim their business websites.

@ALittleNicheShop1 there is also an option for claiming ETSY shop on Pinterest, but that feature is not eligible in much countries, I think it will be more widespread through time. 

So I think for proficient users they should claim websites, while it's totally okay not to do it or sharing another social media links in their websites.

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you so much @AmericanoCrystals . That's what I thought but wanted to followup as I've some using Linktree and other links.

1 Kudo
iammohsinniaz
Just visiting

yes... you should always claim your website to pinteret and other social media platforms for better presence. It helps you move on as a brand on google.

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@iammohsinniaz Exactly!

0 Kudos
irgxyz

Claim blogger domain on Pinterest using HTML tag problem

There is a problem with claim blogger website on Pinterest
This is what the code looks like on Pinterest

<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="03bf6*****917****1de**5e277"/>

And after placing it in the blogger template, it will change
to the next figure