Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Q&A with the Pinterest Shopping team!

classiclegacy
Just visiting

I am a Verified Pinterest Merchant.  My Pinterest account is Classic Legacy.    My store is a Shopify store and I've recently set up Pinterest catalogs.    I like them and also noticed that there is a "Custom" option for catalogs.   For example I want to create a catalog for Valentine/Heart gifts and another for Irish gifts....both of which I have in my store.   How do I set up a custom catalog.   I'm attaching a screen shot from my store.     I understand how to set up catalogs by product category such as oyster shell dishes etc....but some of these would also fit into a custom catalog such as Irish gifts.   Please advise.   In Shopify for example the oyster shell dish is listed as one product category and I can't figure out how to get that product which is a Shamrock Oyster Shell dish into both the Oyster Shell Catalog and an Irish gift catalog.   I look forward to your response. Here is the link to my current shop on Pinterest.   https://www.pinterest.com/classiclegacy/_shop/Question about custom option for creating Product groups.jpg

2 Kudos
2 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Great question, @classiclegacy !

1 Kudo
PinterestMaansi
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @classiclegacy - happy to help! The navigation bar on the left is meant to help you filter your products so that you can create product groups. Category, Product Type, Brands, and Custom are all attributes associated with the product metadata that we get through your feed or through Shopify. Custom refers to the 'custom labels' attribute. You can apply custom labels directly within the feed or within Shopify, and once you populate for that field, you will see the Catalogs UI pull it in and allow you to filter.

2 Kudos