Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Tag Health

Labels (3)

I recently got my verified merchant application approved. Yesterday I was notified that my Pinterest tag was unhealthy (ss below) and had 30 days to fix it. Nothing on my site had changed so I'm not sure why it was suddenly 'unhealthy'. I checked with the tag tester and it said everything was fine (ss below). I also checked with the tag helper in chrome and it said everything was okay too (ss below). I'm not sure how to proceed to 'fix' the issues with my tag so I don't lose my verified merchant status.

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 04-24-46 Pinterest.png

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 04-28-20 Pinterest.png

pintagss1.png

pintagss2.png

pintagss3.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@PinterestIvania  I was doing further reading and came across this thread:

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/pinterest-tag-problem/td-p/40707

I believe this is most likely what's causing my issues. So I made a listing with no price and free shipping and did a complete checkout. Hopefully, that'll fix my tag issue. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much @PinterestIvania for your patience and guidance, both are greatly appreciated!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
8 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @silvercreekglassandjewelry!

I checked your website and could see that the Page visit and the Add to cart events are working as expected, I could not test the Checkout event. 

Bear in mind that it can take up to seven days after an event is fired for the Pinterest Tag to be considered as healthy. 

Please note that in order to maintain the Verified Merchant Program status, you'll need to make sure that you're meeting the requirements stated in this link.

0 Kudos

Thanks, @PinterestIvania I wasn't aware that it can take so long for the tag to get right. Is there any way to find out when exactly the events failed? Literally, nothing has changed on my site so I'm concerned as to why it would suddenly, and apparently momentarily, stop working. It makes no sense. I'm essentially trying to fix something that really isn't broken but will get penalized for not fixing it. 😞

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @silvercreekglassandjewelry!

Although you can't see exactly when these events failed, you can estimate when that happened if you look for a drop in event fires on your event history (Ads > Conversions).

Please note that in order to maintain the Verified Merchant Program status, you'll need to make sure that you're meeting the requirements stated in this link, which includes:

-Your tag fires whenever a PageVisit, AddToCart or Checkout event occurs 
-Your tag fires at least one PageVisit, AddToCart and Checkout event every seven days 
-Your Checkout events have parsable, positive $ values with valid currency code 
-Your product IDs sent in each of your tag events match product IDs in your catalog 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

0 Kudos

@PinterestIvaniaI understand I have to fix it but what I don't understand is HOW to fix it. The Pinterest helper for chrome is saying everything is working. The Pinterest Tag Tester says everything is working. What exactly do I fix? Why did it suddenly stop working?

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @silvercreekglassandjewelry!

If the Page visit, Add to cart and Checkout events are firing as expected, you'll just need to wait for the Pinterest Tag health to be updated.

Bear in mind that the events need to fire for Pinterest to consider them as healthy, so I would recommend checking Ads > Conversions and making sure that Pinterest is receiving the Tag fire information. If not, since you are using WooCommerce, please reach out to them so they can help you fix any tag issues. 

Let us know if this helped! 👍

0 Kudos

@PinterestIvania  I was doing further reading and came across this thread:

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/pinterest-tag-problem/td-p/40707

I believe this is most likely what's causing my issues. So I made a listing with no price and free shipping and did a complete checkout. Hopefully, that'll fix my tag issue. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much @PinterestIvania for your patience and guidance, both are greatly appreciated!

1 Kudo

Yay! It worked! My tag is good and everything is working properly. @PinterestIvania thank you again for your patience and guidance, it was much appreciated. ✌️

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @silvercreekglassandjewelry!

You welcome. 😊 Give us a shout out if you have any questions!

1 Kudo