Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Setup Training

hayatascapes
Posts regularly

I am looking for training that focuses on Pinterest business account setup from top to bottom. Some things I am struggling with are getting Follow button and Shop On buttons to appear. Also, getting approved on VMP.

I tried mightily with the documentation and googling, but it's taking too much time.

Any recommendations?

3 Kudos
15 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@hayatascapes Hi there 👋 I read your post have you tried The Pinterest Academy New Pinterest Academy VMP Module Now Live! 📌 https://pinterestacademy.exceedlms.com/student/catalog

There is training for everything Pinterest you will have to create your username|password to login it is not your regular Pinterest Credentials.

I hope this helps you - glad your here Lisa😁

3 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@therealsouthamerica Thanks for the reply. I did try the academy but it didn't cover what am looking for.

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@hayatascapes Hi there I am tagging in @PinterestBrad he knows a lot more than about what your seeking re VMP I am sure he will be able to provide some good insight for you.

Lisa😁

2 Kudos
sitronu
Just visiting

I would be very interested in the same thing. It's very frustrating as I've been trying to set up my P business account for several months now. Hiring a social media manager to do this should not be the only option. There are very limited videos on YouTube about how to do this correctly, especially since P just changed all its algorithms and platform. The company would do itself and its business customers a great service by offering numerous online tutorials, video chats, webinars, online courses etc. The one online course I took was useless - it wasn't live so you couldn't ask questions or interact at all and the information was extremely basic. From the company's perspective, they must be missing out on a lot of ad dollars because small businesses can't figure out how to set up the accounts properly to post pins and rich pins verified account, etc. 

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@sitronu @hayatascapes Hi there can either of you be more specific about you want to know | see | learn. Thanks Lisa😁

1 Kudo
bloomandgrowmedia
Just visiting

To get the follow button, you need to apply Rich Pins. This a simple set up if you have a Yoast SEO plugin on a WP site, other sites may need a bit of code. Then enter a URL into the rich pin validator (not your home page url) The Shop button/tab appears once you add in your catalogs. Pinterest can help you set that up, I would contact them through a help ticket first. As far as the VMP, I can't give any advice as my clients have tried over and over and still no approval.

2 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@bloomandgrowmedia Thanks for the tips. I successfully verified Rich Pins. Will my catalog items get the Follow button or do I need to create a new pin?

I have my catalog uploaded, but don't see the Shop button when I view a product. Is there a special way to view the pin to see the button?

1 Kudo
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@bloomandgrowmedia I found the answer to my first follow up question on help. I just have to wait a bit and hopefully I will be approved.

Once you apply, we’ll process your application within 24 hours.

When your site is approved, all content from webpages that have the correct meta tags will appear as Rich Pins when you create a new Pin. Existing Pins that link back to pages with rich meta tags will now appear as Rich Pins.

2 Kudos
sitronu
Just visiting

1. How to connect a catalogue

2. how to set up tags

3. what are rich pins and how to set them up

4. anything else needed to make a business account active and successful. 

1 Kudo