Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest algorithm changes

kaileybrumwell
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I've heard that there was a recent algorithm update, which was causing a lot of impression drops for many people in the past week or so. One of my accounts is doing great with impressions (+1 million more), others have dropped like many of your accounts.

But I haven't heard any of this information directly from Pinterest itself - just "experts" and other bloggers. As a Pinterest manager, I really want to stay on top of the algorithm changes and know the best strategies for myself and my clients. 

Is there any place we can learn more information about the Pinterest algorithm and be notified about updates and changes? Is that type of information going to start being shared though forums like this? I would LOVE to have access to more knowledge like that. 

Thanks! 

Kailey

7 Kudos
9 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @kaileybrumwell ! Thanks for sharing this, totally understand that something like an algorithm change would be good to hear directly from the source vs. through a third party.

3 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

@kaileybrumwell: Yess! I was looking for a Pinterest Manager myself but stopped because so many seem lost about the changes right now. We would love to know where more information can be found about such changes!

- Girl Meets The World

2 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby replied to one of the threads that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

I hope there is news very soon...I currently see al my hard work going down the drain and it's very discouraging 😞

5 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@allaboutbabyblog Me too! I'm getting so disheartened with it all. It was going so well before this! Any new pins I push doesn't matter what topic, time or posting frequency go nowhere. I'm seeing single digit impressions, when I was used to seeing 5-15k per pin! Went from 3.5 million to 2.1 million in less than 2 weeks. Like you, I'm so hoping for that fix soon, especially when some other accounts aren't affected 😞

2 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@typicallytopical oh yeah totally 😕 but there's not much we can do but wait i guess 😕 

1 Kudo
katiesofia222
Just visiting

@allaboutbabyblog wrote:

@PinterestGabby replied to one of the threads that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

I hope there is news very soon...I currently see al my hard work going down the drain and it's very discouraging 😞

>>> Are you a parent? Make sure to grab my free printables for kids here: https://allaboutbabyblog.com/freebies

Hi, Awww thanks for the Information.

1 Kudo
sicilianicreati
Just visiting

My account dropped from 3,5 million of impression to 700.000. On my new pins now there are 20 likes and 0 click on my website. The click on my website dropped from 1200 a day to 120. I have 19.000 followers. Pinterest is a losing game actually for me.... 

0 Kudos
danielhyng
Just visiting

Hi @kaileybrumwell , 

Mentioning about the impressions in these past 3-4 weeks, it dropped almost 50% and till today is still continue to drop for me. 

1 Kudo
ozgurtagay
Posts regularly

amazing company, almost everyone's traffic has been cut off since february, we can't get interaction, but no official comes out and talks about any problems This is ridiculous!

1 Kudo