Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Ads - Pinterest Team vs Paid Ads Account Manager vs DIY?

sambatothesea
Just visiting

Anyone have any insight or tips doing Pinterest Ads with either the Pinterest Ads team or working with a paid account manager that runs + manages Pinterest Ads for your business?

I'd like to start doing Pinterest Ads, and as much as I'd like to learn + do it on my own, I'm considering working with someone to manage Pinterest Ads for me. I've chatted with the team from Pinterest Ads, but have heard from several people that I'm better off doing Ads on my own. Or if anyone has any suggestions on someone that runs + manages Pinterest ads for clients AND has results, let me know!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Based on my experience working with several Pinterest Ads Manager at Pinterest themselves that they all have different set of skills and level of experience. You will be paired with Pinterest Ads Manager based on your monthly investment. If your investment is low you'll be placed with a less experienced person and if you spend more well you'll be in better hands. It is helpful if your Pinterest ads manager has business experience, who understands your business, your products, and on and on. 

It takes several months to be a Pinterest ads expert. There is a TON to know. The beginning stages is nauseating and overwhelming but once you've figured out your perfect formula it becomes less time consuming. But then again as you know, Pinterest will come out with a new way of doing things, add new features, new metrics so you have to stay on top of it. 

Bottom line, ALL businesses must invest in ads today. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

0 Kudos
sambatothesea
Just visiting

@pinterestmarketingexpert Thank you so much for your insight! 

I agree, having someone who understands the business the Ads are being run for is key. In addition to that, ideally they should know about funnels, potential gaps, and be able to strategize. Ads can be run, but if there are leaks or dead ends to where the ad leads, it's not going to work.

I have a longer selling process as my products are artwork (photography prints) for one's home. Yes, I do have impulse purchases, but a lot of my client's need either hand holding to pick size / best print for space or the artwork is the last piece to go in a renovated project / new build. For sure it would be awesome to have people click one of my ads + purchase right away, but from what I've seen, it's key to play the longer game (which tests my patience ha!)

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Yes absolutely @sambatothesea the funnels are pretty straightforward as long as you have enough audience which certain campaigns require, knowing when to make changes so the Pinterest algorithm continues to love you, and so on. There is a lot to know but it's fun!

Gone are the days of organic reach which most businesses don't seem to get. They received all this free ride for all these years and now that Pinterest wants to make money people are upset. 

Wish you all the best! 

0 Kudos