Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinning from Etsy direct to Pinterest

TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Here is a tip for anyone who is just starting an Etsy store.

We have an Etsy store and a dedicated website.

Originally we pinned most of our Etsy store items direct from within Etsy. When an item sold and wasn't replaced in our Etsy shop, the pin still continued to "live" on Pinterest (with an uneditable link) and when a person clicked on the pin, it took you to a landing page from Etsy stating that item is no longer available and suggested many competing items instead.

Basically if you are pinning direct from Etsy to Pinterest, you are boosting Etsy's website, not necessarily benefitting your own store.

A better practice is to recreate that pin outside of Etsy, add it to Pinterest using the + add a pin feature, and inserting the web address (if you want it to go to an item on your Etsy shop) of the address in Etsy. That way, in the future if you change the item or create a website with the item, you can direct it to your own products and not lose your traffic to competitors. 

Hope this is useful 🙂

12 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
creeksedgestudio
Just visiting

This is VERY useful.  I have always pinned my Etsy store items directly to Pinterest and noticed that when I removed an item from inventory, a note stating that it was no longer available appeared.  I need to work on how to create a pin from outside of Etsy.  Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
8 Replies
PartynwPlants
Just visiting

Love this tip! All of my pins forward to my Etsy listings and I was only pinning directly from Etsy. I was afraid pinterest would see my account as being spam if all my new pins had the same web address (my etsy store home page) 

My Etsy store has definitely had a huge increase of traffic because of Pinterest!  

Nicole

5 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

This is a great tip. This is actually the way I prefer to pin from Etsy. I like how Pinterest gathers all the data for you, making it really easy to transfer over the data. I'm actually building an Etsy account to compliment my Pinterest now. What other advice would you recommend for someone wanting to drive traffic from Pinterest to Etsy?

4 Kudos
creeksedgestudio
Just visiting

This is VERY useful.  I have always pinned my Etsy store items directly to Pinterest and noticed that when I removed an item from inventory, a note stating that it was no longer available appeared.  I need to work on how to create a pin from outside of Etsy.  Thanks!!!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
1 Kudo
leaman0320
Just visiting

Found this earlier - so disappointed, but going to take another approach. Think I will schedule pins and direct to my website home page which is also our store. Going to just leave Esty out of it. We always have inventory on our website. 🙂

2 Kudos
orbionjewels
Just visiting

Really insightful tip,
Thank you @TheTinyHouseFarm @leaman0320 

As we are new to both Etsy as well as Pinterest, so we don't have our own site at this moment.
What is most preferable practice in such scenario? Etsy is the only selling platform for me right now, and I've been pinning for it directly, but after posting pin from Etsy it is turning out be kind of pin which I can promote but I can't edit the pin. Is it saved as a 3rd party pin or am I doing something wrong?

anas.JPG

No option to edit/change URL or Descriptions

Help Me Out Plzzzzzzz... 😋

Good day
ORBION

0 Kudos

Bonjour à vous, j'ai le même problème que vous @orbionjewels

Avez-vous depuis compris le problème? Merci pour vos réponses

0 Kudos
housseinelmimohamed
Posts regularly

Je suis intéressé