Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Overall Social Media stats down during the holidays

MillsDigitalMedia_Macy
Just visiting
Labels (4)

As a social media manager I always see the algorithm go a little crazy on Social sites during this time. Asa meta creator I know Instagram algorithms go a bit off right now. Do you all find that Pinterest does the same? Or is it the opposite?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

It depends on a lot on your niche... vertical... what you offer... who is in your audience and what their focus is right now. The classic examples of this are... the food vertical, which historically sees higher reach this time of year. The Wellness vertical sees fewer, but things pick up right after Christmas.

So it really just depends on a lot of factors. 

I think Pinterest is due to release its next earnings report in February. So that generally gives us info on general overall usership - but of course it's retroactive. (Meaning they will tell us if usership was up or down for the last quarter of 2022.) 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@MillsDigitalMedia_Macy 

That's a great question! Glad you made it to the PBC!

Yes, the numbers get a little weird during this season. I also know that Pinterest is doing a lot of testing and making changes et al. so sometimes the numbers go way down and then boom they come back up. It can take a few days or it can be months for some pinners to see changes. We often have people here in the PBC who are seeing drastic drops in their numbers and others who are not affected by the numbers at all.

My response to people who come to the PBC with "numbers issues" is to Practice Patience - I know that some of the creators make some great content but for whatever reason the numbers are flat and they just have to wait until the algorithm changes. It's not an answer that a lot of people love but it is the truth I have been on Pinterest circa 2008 and it seems it has always been this way.

I have had people Challenge me on this before but its truly been my experience. As for Instagram | Facebook, I remember when IG was really just a "real time chat" no photos like Twitter and Facebook was all about the number of 'friends' you had....it was easier then.

In my experience with IG currently my reach is much better and I have been able to interact with other creators and businesses that I didn't know were there same for Facebook. As for Twitter, I went back I like the changes that are happening its refreshing.

I am sharing a link re Batching Content if your interested in reading it I wrote this based on @everydaylifewithlaura question re ⁉️Do You Create Batch Content⁉️ I created
a free board on Trello if you interested in trying it 
👉Pinterest Content Organizing Your Content Creation Process

@michaelbliss @JanaOMedia Thoughts?

Lisa

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

It depends on a lot on your niche... vertical... what you offer... who is in your audience and what their focus is right now. The classic examples of this are... the food vertical, which historically sees higher reach this time of year. The Wellness vertical sees fewer, but things pick up right after Christmas.

So it really just depends on a lot of factors. 

I think Pinterest is due to release its next earnings report in February. So that generally gives us info on general overall usership - but of course it's retroactive. (Meaning they will tell us if usership was up or down for the last quarter of 2022.) 

2 Kudos
MillsDigitalMedia_Macy
Just visiting

I manage multiple social Media account for business owners and l have an author client and her debut novel releases in a couple weeks. She has a huge following within the bookstagram community on Instagram. 

After doing some research I feel like Pinterest would be a good platform for her. Do you see a lot of success with Authors on Pinterest?

1 Kudo